• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There are a lot of edge/olb type guys that could be available at 33 or 39

Jonah Ellis

Chop Robinson (most draft boards have him gone)

Chris Braswell

Adisa Issac

Trice/Dorlus (seem like more tradional 4-3 de's). 

I'm going off of PFFs ranking. These guys may go top ten for all I know 

I'm really liking Ellis due to his bloodlines. Got like 4 relatives in the NFL. Plus he played at Utah. A team that always looks extremely well coached. Seems like a guy like this is just going to have an advantage in understanding the game early on. 

I like Issac but I'm skidish on Penn state players in general. Seem to have great athletic numbers but other than that one LB don't seem ready to play. 

Seems like with wonnum we have a serviceable guy on one side but if we can't get Young or Clowney, seems like we need some immediate help from the draft and Ellis is my pick for most ready day one. 

Who are you guys leaning toward at the edge/olb position? *doesn't have to be one of the above. 

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

we just signed two edges what are you talking about? If anything what's the ILB looking like?

One is a rotational player and the other is a decent number 2, we need a pass rushing Edge. With ILB both Cooper and Wilson should be there, but maybe a bit too early for them

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Growl said:

the hit ratio on these high second (and late first) edge types feels like it’s awful, I’ve become really leery of it 

yeah that's why the Giants paid s king ransom for Burns & the Rams were willing to part with 2 first round picks for his services

• Beer 2

Braswell is a bit of a wrecking ball, not refined. Took a long time to get on the field at Bama, but great size

Chop is like a Reddick style player, out athletics his competition. 

Elliss doesn’t have the size or speed, but has the technique. I like picking guys who I watched wreck games live. I watched Elliss wreck multiple games this year, sign me up.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, Growl said:

the hit ratio on these high second (and late first) edge types feels like it’s awful, I’ve become really leery of it 

This class is abnormally deep in a lot of positions. Guys that would be first rounders in most other years will be slipping to 2nd or even third rounds.

And I'm not going to base what we do this year on what we've typically done, because we aren't doing really anything typically so far with Morgan running it.

• Pie 5

15 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Elliss doesn’t have the size or speed, but has the technique. I like picking guys who I watched wreck games live. I watched Elliss wreck multiple games this year, sign me up.

He is also pretty versatile, from what i have read. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I kinda like Issac, I think he has the size and speed to play 3-4 edge.  Both Robinson and Trice look like traditional 4-3 DEs who might be able to play 3-4 DE, which I wouldnt hate

They met with Trice already, so they think he can do it--which OLB position?  They met with him before the Wonnum signing.  Heck, meeting with a player does not mean they walked away liking what they saw....

There is a guy from Colorado State that impressed me at some point this past year.  Kamara.  had 14 sacks in 2023, 15 sacks in 2021/2022. 

Sleeper?

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They met with Trice already, so they think he can do it--which OLB position?  They met with him before the Wonnum signing.  Heck, meeting with a player does not mean they walked away liking what they saw....

Teams meet with players they don't pick and pick players they don't meet with all the time

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This class is abnormally deep in a lot of positions. Guys that would be first rounders in most other years will be slipping to 2nd or even third rounds.

And I'm not going to base what we do this year on what we've typically done, because we aren't doing really anything typically so far with Morgan running it.

I wasn’t talking about us.