• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Millers' 7 Round Mock (Panthers info only)

55 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Luvu.  

laugh if you want, YGM had his best year. Djax played 16 games most as the #1 CB since horn was being horn. Bell play above average Id say and was cut with no cap help. Gruger-hill and Jones were vet backups at LB, I haven't seen them replaced either. 

34 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's so strange...you complain about people treating Bryce with kiddie gloves, yet you find it so offensive that people say Mingo is not a good route runner?  That's where criticism goes over the line for you?  That's more coddling than I've seen anyone do for Bryce.  Don't talk about people white knighting for Bryce and then be this sensitive to the mildest of criticisms for Mingo.

First of all. Don't come at me sideways with this and act like you haven't seen the loudest Bryce Young defenders shitposting about how big of a bust Jonathan Mingo is while laying out excuses for Young.

If we are talking about lack of effort. They both can and should get the smoke. That goes for any player in that regard. We didn't finish with 2 wins because everyone was laying it on the line. Of course when your QB throws 2 pick sixes to the same defender in one game who is going to go out of their way?

But regardless for the subject you are bringing to me situational awareness is needed. Jonathan Mingo is not sitting on a 40+ million dollar guaranteed contract. This is not Jonathan Mingo's team. He is not the face of the franchise. We didn't trade a premium player and multiple picks including a first overall to acquire him.

It's ultimately up to the QB to lead his team. Why do you have an issue with me or anyone else expecting that of Bryce Young?

By all accounts it looks like we are assuredly drafting another WR in the second round. That rookie will require some refining and he will require his starting QB along with his coaches to guide him in learning the offense. Just as Mingo has. That's what I expect out of my #1 pick. Look what Stroud has done for his receiving core as a rookie. He's also brings an undisputed presence of leadership. That is what I want to see. Plain and simple.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Mike Kaye's cock draft I mean mock draft:

33RD OVERALL PICK: LADD MCCONKEY, WR, GEORGIA

TRADE WITH HOUSTON TEXANS Panthers acquire: 42nd (second round), 59th (second round) and 188th (sixth round) overall picks Texans acquire: 39th (second round) and 65th (third round) overall picks

SECOND ROUND — 42ND OVERALL PICK (VIA HOU FROM MIN): MARSHAWN KNEELAND, OLB, WESTERN MICHIGAN

SECOND ROUND — 59TH OVERALL PICK (VIA HOU): JA’TAVION SANDERS, TE, TEXAS

FOURTH ROUND — 101ST OVERALL: JARRIAN JONES, CB, FLORIDA STATE

FIFTH ROUND — 141ST OVERALL (VIA NYG): CEDRIC GRAY, ILB, UNC

FIFTH ROUND — 142ND OVERALL (VIA TEN): MARSHAWN LLOYD, RB, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

SIXTH-ROUND — 188TH OVERALL (VIA HOU): JACOB MONK, C, DUKE

SEVENTH ROUND — 240TH OVERALL PICK (VIA PIT): JUSTIN RODGERS, DL, AUBURN

I could see that happening but switch the RB taken.

36 minutes ago, frankw said:

First of all. Don't come at me sideways with this and act like you haven't seen the loudest Bryce Young defenders shitposting about how big of a bust Jonathan Mingo is while laying out excuses for Young.

If we are talking about lack of effort. They both can and should get the smoke. That goes for any player in that regard. We didn't finish with 2 wins because everyone was laying it on the line. Of course when your QB throws 2 pick sixes to the same defender in one game who is going to go out of their way?

But regardless for the subject you are bringing to me situational awareness is needed. Jonathan Mingo is not sitting on a 40+ million dollar guaranteed contract. This is not Jonathan Mingo's team. He is not the face of the franchise. We didn't trade a premium player and multiple picks including a first overall to acquire him.

It's ultimately up to the QB to lead his team. Why do you have an issue with me or anyone else expecting that of Bryce Young?

By all accounts it looks like we are assuredly drafting another WR in the second round. That rookie will require some refining and he will require his starting QB along with his coaches to guide him in learning the offense. Just as Mingo has. That's what I expect out of my #1 pick. Look what Stroud has done for his receiving core as a rookie. He's also brings an undisputed presence of leadership. That is what I want to see. Plain and simple.

So you're telling me you came in here to complain about something someone said about Mingo at some time in the past in some other thread that actually has nothing to do with anything anyone said about him in here.  Got it...not sure why you proudly clarified that as if that makes you sound reasonable.  At least it makes more sense why you just made a general passive-aggressive comment about these mysterious people who say Mingo is the worst NFL receiver we ever drafted instead of actually directly quoting a post, since there was nothing to quote.

Also can you clarify your basis for comparison as to how Stroud brings an undisputed presence of leadership while questioning Young's leadership?  What exactly are you basing that off of?

18 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Also can you clarify your basis for comparison as to how Stroud brings an undisputed presence of leadership while questioning Young's leadership?  What exactly are you basing that off of?

Worst team in the league by a wide margin (didn't we get shut out by the fuging Jaguars lol) and you don't see a distinct lack of leadership? That starts at the top.

Stroud had a good supporting cast but he clearly also helped elevate guys around him and his teammates went out of their way to praise him for it. I hope to see the same from #9 and that will pay dividends in developing both himself WR's like Mingo and the incoming rookie wide receiver from the upcoming draft. But if this team is to take a few steps forward out of the shadow we've created for ourselves this will have to happen. If you feel that's an unreasonable take I don't see how we can go any further in this conversation.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

There's a guy who is both the quickest zone beater and arguably the best route runner that should be available at 33, maybe 39.  I really hope we take him.  

There's almost too much noise around Legette.  

Which guy are you talking about? Ladd?

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Which guy are you talking about? Ladd?

RP. He fits our needs to a tee and I have a hard time seeing how he doesn’t immediately have an impact in this league.  I’m just a huge fan. Would hate to force a WR but Pearsall is my WR7 and has floated 35-40 on my big board. Franklin and McConkey are close, but I have question marks on Ladd and don’t think Troy is a fit (big fan of his though). Worthy and Legette are further down.

It’s tough this year—my 2 cents is if Mitchell is gone as WR5 (and WR6 Coleman too who I don’t deem a fit), we need to consider BPA.

There will be 1st round value at DL, IOL, and DB at 33 (along with WR). There’s just too many first round grades for round 1.  I have about 42ish…

There’s a lot of scenarios where someone like Newton, Darius Rob, Chop, Kool-Aid, Suamatia, Guyton, Morgan, Barton, or Wiggins is there for us. A few of those are hard to pass on just to take WR because we need one.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

RP. He fits our needs to a tee and I have a hard time seeing how he doesn’t immediately have an impact in this league.  I’m just a huge fan. Would hate to force a WR but Pearsall is my WR7 and has floated 35-40 on my big board. Franklin and McConkey are close, but I have question marks on Ladd and don’t think Troy is a fit (big fan of his though). Worthy and Legette are further down.

It’s tough this year—my 2 cents is if Mitchell is gone as WR5 (and WR6 Coleman too who I don’t deem a fit), we need to consider BPA.

There will be 1st round value at DL, IOL, and DB at 33 (along with WR). There’s just too many first round grades for round 1.  I have about 42ish…

There’s a lot of scenarios where someone like Newton, Darius Rob, Chop, Kool-Aid, Suamatia, Guyton, Morgan, Barton, or Wiggins is there for us. A few of those are hard to pass on just to take WR because we need one.

42 first round grades??? 

teams usually only have about 18-20 players rated first round. 

Matt Miller has 16 players graded first round. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

42 first round grades??? 

teams usually only have about 18-20 players rated first round. 

Matt Miller has 16 players graded first round. 

I have 15 solid 1st rounders, then there's a big drop, but it's a late first type talent.  I don't find a major difference in the guys in the late teens vs. whose available R2 until you're around pick 40-45 this year.

So I wouldn't qualify them all a sure fire first round talent, I probably said that a bit strangley--it's more that 16-33 are at a much more even playing field with 34-45 than 1-15.  

• Pie 1

I'm just hoping BPA at this point and we get a steal. Nate Wiggins, Chop Robinson, Darius Robinson, Adoni Mitchell, Cooper Dejean, Graham Barton.  Hoping its one of these guys are I'd all love to fall.  Someone has to fall right?

3 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I have 15 solid 1st rounders, then there's a big drop, but it's a late first type talent.  I don't find a major difference in the guys in the late teens vs. whose available R2 until you're around pick 40-45 this year.

So I wouldn't qualify them all a sure fire first round talent, I probably said that a bit strangley--it's more that 16-33 are at a much more even playing field with 34-45 than 1-15.  

That makes more sense. I was confused a bit. Lol

12 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

as Clemson fan.....I hope we don't break the Clemson drought by drafting a Clemson DB.