• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Panthers sign Stephon Gilmore too?

49 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Swinney is SUCH a tool 

Clemson remains the 2nd best team of the college football playoff era. 

I mean, that's the hate summed up in reality. 

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

Clemson remains the 2nd best team of the college football playoff era. 

I mean, that's the hate summed up in reality. 

I don't really like him but he is one hell of a coach.  I know recruiting was his specialty, so I am curious to see how he adapts to NIL.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't really like him but he is one hell of a coach.  I know recruiting was his specialty, so I am curious to see how he adapts to NIL.  

Lack of willingness to use the transfer portal has done and will do more damage to Clemson under Swinney than NIL. By all accounts he's begrudgingly accepted that NIL is reality now.

Edited by travisura
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I think largely, he is going to stick with his model.  He wants kids to come to Clemson buy in.  Spend 4 years.  Get their degree.  Leave as better people. 

and I think there still will be a place for that model.  Every parent nor kid is going to chase a new check every year.  Dabo offers an environment that is appealing to a lot of southern families.  It's not like the Clemson boys aren't getting money either. 

I mean people love to hate on Dabo, call him fake.....then ignore how his dudes have stuck around pre NIL with first round NFL money on the table......and just wanted to stay and be college kids there with him.  I mean, especially DL talent.   Dabo ain't fake.  You ain't got to like him and 100% get that.  He isn't going to be everyone cup of tea. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, travisura said:

Lack of willingness to use the transfer portal has done and will do more damage to Clemson under Swinney than NIL. By all accounts he's begrudgingly accepted that NIL is reality now.

meh, if they could of merely got the most AVERAGE of ACC QB play from either of his 5 star QBs.....they would have been in the college playoff every year during this "down window". 

That's not the transfer portal getting him. That's 2 back to back 5 star QBs not even being middle of the road ACC caliber. 

Maybe it will get him.  I don't think he cares.  Which isn't a secret. 

While you all are on the subject of cocks, I withdrew from the conversation.  However, what about a snake cock in round 4 or 5 to be the 3rd QB?

(That one is rather ambiguous, but it will come to you with some deep contemplation.  Then you will smile, but realize that you are smiling at a snake cock, so you will unsmile and answer the question, realizing that good ol' MHS was referring to the Gamecock's QB.)

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

meh, if they could of merely got the most AVERAGE of ACC QB play from either of his 5 star QBs.....they would have been in the college playoff every year during this "down window". 

That's not the transfer portal getting him. That's 2 back to back 5 star QBs not even being middle of the road ACC caliber. 

Maybe it will get him.  I don't think he cares.  Which isn't a secret. 

Yeah I think you're probably right about the QB play, but there certainly could've been roster upgrades through the portal that didn't happen because of Dabo's feelings about it. Anyway, here's to the next 5 star QB playing like a 5 star QB.

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think largely, he is going to stick with his model.  He wants kids to come to Clemson buy in.  Spend 4 years.  Get their degree.  Leave as better people. 

and I think there still will be a place for that model.  Every parent nor kid is going to chase a new check every year.  Dabo offers an environment that is appealing to a lot of southern families.  It's not like the Clemson boys aren't getting money either. 

I mean people love to hate on Dabo, call him fake.....then ignore how his dudes have stuck around pre NIL with first round NFL money on the table......and just wanted to stay and be college kids there with him.  I mean, especially DL talent.   Dabo ain't fake.  You ain't got to like him and 100% get that.  He isn't going to be everyone cup of tea. 

Oh no I don’t think he is fake. Reminds me of a more faith and family oriented Pete Carroll. The overly animated personalities are annoying, mainly when they are winning. My dad was a big South Carolina fan so maybe it’s instilled in my head to be turned off by whoever is coaching Clemson. Regardless he is a hell of a coach. Definitely respect what he has done there. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

While you all are on the subject of cocks, I withdrew from the conversation.  However, what about a snake cock in round 4 or 5 to be the 3rd QB?

(That one is rather ambiguous, but it will come to you with some deep contemplation.  Then you will smile, but realize that you are smiling at a snake cock, so you will unsmile and answer the question, realizing that good ol' MHS was referring to the Gamecock's QB.)

I was thinking same thing about a QB.. I like Pratt as an option as well.  

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So many words for something so small, and, yes, some species have two.

IMG_2322.jpeg

• The D 1