• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hope for TMJ?

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Lazy labels? Have you actually watched him play, especially pre-season since he’s done very little in the regular season? As @Jon Snow eloquently said above, if TMJ can’t stand out in the Panthers WR room as a 2nd round pick in 3 years, he’s not good and sorry, he can’t play. It’s still amazing to me how much we overrate our players in here, especially when they haven’t lived up to their draft slot.

Ye, I have watches him. Through different schemes. Different coaches. Different QB''s. 

You're not interested in context though, so there isn't much to discuss, is there.

I would classify TMJ as a bust now absolutely. He just doesn't have what it takes at the pro level I do not believe. I however do not believe that it is a lack of skill. I believe it is simply a combo of some or all of the following: Lack of heart, lack of "dawg", head isn't in it, lack of maturity and lack of work ethic. Any or all of the above there is making him fail and that could very well follow him to any team he goes to after us. That's a problem within himself that must be corrected if so.

10 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Ye, I have watches him. Through different schemes. Different coaches. Different QB''s. 

You're not interested in context though, so there isn't much to discuss, is there.

No one has been able to make him a star and he’s never shown in 3 years that he has the talent. There’s tons of WRs in the past that looked good with multiple QBs and schemes. A WR that “can play” as you said would show something after 3 years. Running the correct routes and getting separation is up to the WR.

Feel free to show us any highlight plays that show your context and where TMJ would have had a great year with other QBs and schemes. Look at DJ Moore. He went through lots of “different” scenarios but it was very clear by year 3 (and before) that he had talent and could play.

I know you like to be the contrarian and act like other people don’t get it but if you are going to back TMJ and tell everyone else they are wrong about him, I think it’s you that needs to provide something tangible. You need to show why you think he can play because his first 3 years as a 2nd round pick have been terrible even with tons of opportunities.

If he is released, the roster is bare with four WRs.  That would suggest that we need 2, especially since Thielen is old and will probably not be a Panther in 2025, Smith-Marsett has like 8 catches as a WR and is on a one-year contract, and Dionte Johnson is on a one-year deal.  That leaves Mingo (hold applause).

For that reason, I think we should grab 2 WRs in this draft--one in the second, and another later on.  If he does well, re-sign Johnson.  If Mingo develops, we'd still have work to do at WR in 2025.

57 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If he is released, the roster is bare with four WRs.  That would suggest that we need 2, especially since Thielen is old and will probably not be a Panther in 2025, Smith-Marsett has like 8 catches as a WR and is on a one-year contract, and Dionte Johnson is on a one-year deal.  That leaves Mingo (hold applause).

For that reason, I think we should grab 2 WRs in this draft--one in the second, and another later on.  If he does well, re-sign Johnson.  If Mingo develops, we'd still have work to do at WR in 2025.

We could still grab a WR via FA.

• Pie 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:33 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

We could still grab a WR via FA.

The waiver wire may have more of an impact this year on how we tweak the roster.  There may be a starter or backup quality players cut from other teams.  

[My response is not necessarily WR specific.]

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Beer 1

Just now, bythenbrs said:

The waiver wire may have more of an impact this year on how we tweak the roster.  There may be a starter or backup quality players cut from other teams.

That shouldn't be too hard. Most other teams backups were better than most of the starters on the Panthers.  Seriously. 

• Pie 1

On 4/7/2024 at 11:34 AM, MHS831 said:

I agree we are looking at 2 more WR - but the FA pool is still pretty stocked since we are talking about WR4/5.  Could get away with drafting 1 and a FA