• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason program begins

2 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

That makes NO sense lol. Your job is to put your players in the best position to be successful!! The OPPOSING coach is supposed to make it difficult not you lol

So you don't want the coach to make it hard on Bryce in PRESEASON? So he just gets coddled all camp long and then gets a rude awakening Week 1? Glad you're not the coach

Impossible situations sounds like coach speak to me. Where they know the players are listening or will see it and they do stuff like deflect blame, minimize fault, maximize the difficulty of the failed task, take the blame themselves and on and on. Building up the players, choosing words that suit the moment. 

That’s the type of thing that seems like it would be to me. 

As far as this year I’ll probably watch some Alabama games to preview the offense. Which I will resent having to watch my NFL team run. We’ll see.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Bad game by Panthers' Bryce Young 'just another step' in development - ESPN

Yeah cause this 75% of the snaps

Is this 6 seconds after the ball has been snapped when he's missed all of his reads again 'cos he can't see over the OLine?

12 minutes ago, strato said:

Impossible situations sounds like coach speak to me. Where they know the players are listening or will see it and they do stuff like deflect blame, minimize fault, maximize the difficulty of the failed task, take the blame themselves and on and on. Building up the players, choosing words that suit the moment. 

That’s the type of thing that seems like it would be to me. 

As far as this year I’ll probably watch some Alabama games to preview the offense. Which I will resent having to watch my NFL team run. We’ll see.

My fear was every NFL game would look like Bryce vs Texas in 2022, and they all pretty much did. And CJ vs Georgia was the real Stroud but for some reason no one in our office could identify who was the best option at QB when facing real pressure and putting the team on their back

Young clouds my enthusiasm and vision of what might be 

Therefore, hard for me  to invest in a qb that seems totally devoid of emotion or joy which only adds, in my mind, to his physical limitations 

honest to god, I’ve never seen a more dispassionate pro QB…ever

yes, I know all the reasons..we’ve talked about the situation ad nauseam

i flat out do not believe in him.   

Too, this year isn’t about participation awards… its about being competitive and getting the ball out in 2.7 seconds   I don’t think he has ever done that…he had all day to sit back and day dream at Bama.  This ain’t Bama or Newport Beach, CA

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

People are justified to feel however they want to feel, that doesn’t mean how they feel isn’t dumb. Putting on weight might not be the best use of his time. He’s a heisman trophy winner and just saw one of his best friends win rookie of the year. I have no doubt that he’s motivated and will/has put the work in. But working hard and gaining weight don’t make you a good QB. 

Bigger faster stronger has been the mantra of sports since the dawn of time

And it's good to see you back.  I missed your message board aggression 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Is this 6 seconds after the ball has been snapped when he's missed all of his reads again 'cos he can't see over the OLine?

No that was pretty rare - this was the standard where the defense blew through the tissue paper OLine off the snap and the WR's still needed 8 seconds to find 2 inches of separation

Threads like these are just a testament to Cam's all-time greatness that we as Panther fans should continue to shout from the rooftops til the day we die.

It is so rare-- it seems in this era, but also ever-- to find a player with Cam's combination of power, talent, competitiveness, and joy. That alone should get him in Canton. At his peak he changed Charlotte and swept the nation. Insane.

We can't sit around here and try to find carbon copies of a once in a lifetime player. We can look for all Cam's traits in different prospects, but none will ever be him again. We need to clear the board about what we think is going to be greatness and start from scratch. Otherwise we will just be trapped by our memories of what once was. 

Bryce is not Cam, may even be the anti-Cam, but that doesn't mean he can't succeed. Players at extremes can find edges that the league is always striving to identify. We can find new ways to win and the feeling of finding that new edge is the most fun thing as fans to witness. Let's try and give Bryce this year to be who he is and to enjoy the ride of uncovering whether he can turn into the player we all want him to be. I'm excited to see what Canales' fresh perspective can bring to Bryce's talents.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

You sad bunch see yourselves out when Bryce leads us to the promise land 

I won’t be sad

i don’t  want him to fail at the nfl level

he has just shown me and others nothing to indicate he fits in the nfl  until he does, not wasting a lot of ‘wishin and a hopin ‘ on him 

not the first ncaa   winner to not cut it in the nfl

what is disappointing is vacantness on top of it.

not to worry, his rookie contract will allow him to live well in Newport Beach for the rest of his life if he flames out 

let’s see how he does with the 2.7 second requirement, and doing every single thing possible to prop him up 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

You sad bunch see yourselves out when Bryce leads us to the promise land 

Sad is right, I am sad as poo they saddled me as a fan, with this kid as who I am supposed to pin all my hopes on. But honestly, he just sucks to me ever since I evaluated his film. There were too many hurdles.

NFL doesn’t have different tee boxes to even things out for the short hitters.  Could they have made it ANY harder to win? Like ‘here guys, here is a cool little derringer, go out there and take out that machine gun nest’.  

Everything... literally every thing that matters, that is measurable, seems sub par. Except that processor, that we cannot see, and haven’t really been exposed to. 

11 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Remember when you claimed Bryce never worked privately with his receivers last offseason? Then when you were presented with an article and photos showing just that, you called it a fake photo op? Remember continuously suggesting that Bryce is shorter than his official height taken at the Combine? Remember the report that came out about Nicole Tepper wanting Stroud and you saying that was BS that the team leaked so Nicole Tepper could save face?

Most of what we discuss in here is opinion-based, but those are three empirical evidence-based examples that your conspiracy-brain has rejected based on nothing but your feelings…so I think you’ve forfeited your right to invoke “reality”, buddy. Unless we’re just operating in two different dimensions of the Multiverse. But if we’re actually acknowledging reality, you’ve taken coping to new heights. I’ve genuinely never seen anyone work so hard trying to gaslight people into believing that any report you disagree with is automatically fake.

If one single workout session that was plastered all over social media well before training camp is your definition of your #1 pick digging deep to connect with his receivers and his teammates in general after hyping him up as Payton Manning on the leadership scale I guess more power to you.

Some of us actually want to see it on the field. Results there said the guy looked like he had barely uttered two words to them outside of team activities.

You don't like that being acknowledged. Too bad.

Edited by frankw