• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason program begins

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Agree here, but there’s two sides to every coin.

This whole topic started because of people nitpicking Bryce’s size and claiming that getting jacked will increase his durability which is a bunch of bullshit.

Does Bryce need to develop better accuracy, 100%. Does Bryce need better footwork, absolutely. Does Bryce need to make better decisions, you bet.

But at the end of the day (shout-out Matt Rhule), he does need help. It’s a football team so the team as a whole (OL, WR’s, TE’s) needs to be better.

This board has five personalities:

- Eternal optimists

- Eternal pessimists

- Trolls

- Actual idiots

- Handful of intelligent people

You have to know who you are responding to before even wasting the time to formulate an opinion on whatever topic is being discussed.

You left one out …. Realist

38 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And what are yall gonna do when he doesnt? 

I feel like the optimists admit mistakes far more than the pessimists admit they were wrong.

If Bryce has a really good season next year, you'll have a lot of the posters that trash him every post - and they know who they are - pretend like they never said anything or just make a new account because they don't want to save face

The truth is, the jury is still out on Bryce. In a season of bad he made some great throws, zipped some touchdowns in tight windows, had some long drives, and had several clutch 4th down throws, but those posters pretend like he didn't show a single NFL skill for the sake of their Colin Cowherd-level hot takes.

Thankfully we didn't trade two firsts and if Bryce is just as bad we have our first next year.

6 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I feel like the optimists admit mistakes far more than the pessimists admit they were wrong.

If Bryce has a really good season next year, you'll have a lot of the posters that trash him every post - and they know who they are - pretend like they never said anything or just make a new account because they don't want to save face

The truth is, the jury is still out on Bryce. In a season of bad he made some great throws, zipped some touchdowns in tight windows, had some long drives, and had several clutch 4th down throws, but those posters pretend like he didn't show a single NFL skill for the sake of their Colin Cowherd-level hot takes.

Thankfully we didn't trade two firsts and if Bryce is just as bad we have our first next year.

Cool. The thing is im not rooting for Bryce to be bad, if Bryce is bad then that means the team will be bad i dont want that because i want to win. I just dont see a future with bryce and i understand thats gonna take time to play out...it doesnt mean i hoping for it..its just more of an inevitable vibe. The funny thing is his supporters cant wait to rub it in everybody face but wont own up to it when he doesnt prove to be guy. I will just be glad we have moved on and start searching for another QB. I dont care to rub it in anybody's face.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Brother we did trade two firsts, go back to the actual transaction.

#9 of 2023, #1 of 2024. For one. We traded two for one. Plus.

Both 1st round selections. Plus the seconds. Plus DJ Moore. That is supposedly the difference between the Panthers with or without Bryce Young. (and dammit, PHUCK Scott Fitterer).

I guess you have to account for at least four years to assess it? It’s not gonna be a good deal. 

I would say he pretty much needs a great season to earn any leeway, with me...  after the lengths they will have gone to, to help him. On top of that initial investment. And no poo, a guy taken where he was taken is supposed to be the one doing the helping. Not needing it. 

Standards. An acceptable floor at the least. Meet it, don’t meet it. We need to know when that is coming, on the front end.

21 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

Route for the next qb they acquire. What are you going to do? Bitch about the next one too?

Not if I actually think he is has the tangible assets to last in the league before he is even drafted. Anything else?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

Brother we did trade two firsts, go back to the actual transaction.

#9 of 2023, #1 of 2024. For one. We traded two for one. Plus.

Both 1st round selections. Plus the seconds. Plus DJ Moore. That is supposedly the difference between the Panthers with or without Bryce Young. (and dammit, PHUCK Scott Fitterer).

I guess you have to account for at least four years to assess it? It’s not gonna be a good deal. 

I would say he pretty much needs a great season to earn any leeway, with me...  after the lengths they will have gone to, to help him. On top of that initial investment. And no poo, a guy taken where he was taken is supposed to be the one doing the helping. Not needing it. 

Standards. An acceptable floor at the least. Meet it, don’t meet it. We need to know when that is coming, on the front end.

Why did the Texans go after Mixon and Diggs and other improvements? "the lengths they will have gone to, to help him" ? Flawed argument. Out of 8 billion people in the world every single person except for 1 (Mahomes) need their teams to go through lengths to help him

On the #9 pick, you knew what I meant. Most teams trade 2 future firsts to move up that far or get a QB. We didn't. That is the saving grace. 

4 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Why did the Texans go after Mixon and Diggs and other improvements? "the lengths they will have gone to, to help him" ? Flawed argument. Out of 8 billion people in the world every single person except for 1 (Mahomes) need their teams to go through lengths to help him

On the #9 pick, you knew what I meant. Most teams trade 2 future firsts to move up that far or get a QB. We didn't. That is the saving grace. 

I didn’t know what you meant, just what you said.

I admit I am a stickler for the proper representation of what was traded, and that has happened because so many people want to just leave the 9th pick out of it and say we only gave up a 1st. So I get like that with it. Accurate is accurate.

Anyhow

2 1sts

2 2nds

DJ Moore on a great contract I don'’t know what value pick he translates to but it should be a pretty good one.

In Charlotte they are still chasing players to remove excuses or ensure the evaluation is giving every benefit of the doubt so they can fairly assess how bad they fuged up lol.. Where Houston is adding people to try and win something, they already know they made the right pick. Cheers.

Edited by strato