• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"The Panthers had the NFL’s most underrated offseason"

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

This is a 5-win team max. It's not Morgan's fault though

I tend to agree.  There's just too many issues to address in one offseason to expect anything better than that.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I tend to agree.  There's just too many issues to address in one offseason to expect anything better than that.

Yeah, the only thing I'm really paying attention to is Bryce's development this coming year. Eeking out wins despite of him doesn't excite me. If he doesn't show traits of a franchise QB, move on. 

Edited by Move the Panthers to Raleigh
  • Pie 7

3 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yeah, the only thing I'm really paying attention to is Bryce's development this coming year. Eeking out wins despite of him doesn't excite me. If he doesn't show traits of a franchise QB, move on. 

I really do not care so much about what Bryce does or doesn't do in the offseason.  I'm more focused on what the team as a whole does or doesn't do. Bryce is only one part of it and if he doesn't improve his game then he will not be starting. What's more important to me is what these coaches are able to do with the rest of the roster they are assembling. That's going to decide the future this group more so than one player. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I really do not care so much about what Bryce does or doesn't do in the offseason.  I'm more focused on what the team as a whole does or doesn't do. Bryce is only one part of it and if he doesn't improve his game then he will not be starting. What's more important to me is what these coaches are able to do with the rest of the roster they are assembling. That's going to decide the future this group more so than one player. 

We need that franchise QB though. Otherwise, best case scenario we'll be that really good team that can't get over the hump 

39 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Panthers owner David Tepper is firing head coaches more often than most people change clothes.

I bet they are, for some reason, still including interim HC. 
If we don’t he has only fired 3 HC. 

Ron, who was past his time being here and was never going to work out. 

Rhule, who stayed far longer than he should have. 

Riech, who was a bad hired and not right for the direction the team needed to go in.

I don’t want to defend Tepper but he hasn’t been that fire happy on the NFL side at least. I think if we had of shown some improvement Reich would have been given a longer leash. 
Some would say he has had a little too much patience on the NFL side.

Now on the soccer side, yeah, he has been a little fire-happy. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

We need that franchise QB though. Otherwise, best case scenario we'll be that really good team that can't get over the hump 

And sitting around lamenting on it changes things how? The situation with take care of itself. Either he will or he won't.  End of story.  Now can we focus on the rest of the team? You know they are just as important right? We've spent the last 8 seasons worrying about just the qb position while the rest of the team dried up and went to crap. How did that work out? How about we try to fix what we can and let the rest work it's way to the forefront to be addressed next offseason.  This team is not winning much this season unless Canales and his crew turn out to be the next McVay or something. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2