• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Destined to be a Carolina Panther

12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Since this thread is pretty misleading, I thought it was going to be about players you think the Panthers will select....to keep this alive, I will start.

1. Ladd McConkey  WR

2. Payton Wilson LB

3. Ja'Tavion Sanders TE

I think one or two of these will be Panthers--I see the Panthers (Morgan with Keuchly in his ear) loving Wilson.

Wilson would be a fantastic get in the 2nd round. 

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Wilson would be a fantastic get in the 2nd round. 

Since we have a #1 WR, a slot WR, and a developing Z WR (--Mingo--I am not down on him like others are--he progressed, IMO), we could use a YAC guy and maybe a slot WR to groom behind Thielen.   Having said that, those guys are pretty plentiful later--(like Washington, McCaffery, Corley).  I honestly think the place where we could make the biggest upgrade is a pass-catching TE.  I would not be surprised to see Sanders taken at 39. At 33, if an X WR falls, yes, but if not, maybe C or LB.

Having said that, we seem to have not shown any interest in C this offseason-there is a stud free agent available and there are 3 in the draft who would be long-term answers at C.  Even if Corbett can play C, he is in the last year of his contract.  They must know something we do not.

Respecting this mock, CB (with Horn's injury history) is a much bigger need than most of us realize, so I am OK with Tampa.  I also think we will pick up a waived CB.

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Since this thread is pretty misleading, I thought it was going to be about players you think the Panthers will select....to keep this alive, I will start.

1. Ladd McConkey  WR

2. Payton Wilson LB

3. Ja'Tavion Sanders TE

I think one or two of these will be Panthers--I see the Panthers (Morgan with Keuchly in his ear) loving Wilson.

Really good way to start a draft but you know the draft never goes exactly the way you expect it to go 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Really good way to start a draft but you know the draft never goes exactly the way you expect it to go 

I think the Panthers might target those players--not sure they will get all 3...It was not a mock, but a guess--I would not be surprised to see the Panthers draft KY RB Ray Davis, or Jonas Elliss (OLB) Utah.  All hunches.  

On 4/18/2024 at 9:58 AM, MHS831 said:

I think the Panthers might target those players--not sure they will get all 3...It was not a mock, but a guess--I would not be surprised to see the Panthers draft KY RB Ray Davis, or Jonas Elliss (OLB) Utah.  All hunches.  

Yah I like Ray Davis a lot and Audric is fine for day 3,  but I'm surprise no one mention Cody Schrader from Missouri . Dude is a beast and run mad, consistent run through the SEC defense and leading SEC in rushing. And has dawg mentality.

Some other Day3 RBs - Dillion Johnson from Washington, Isaac Guerendo from Louisville, Blake Watson from Memphis.

Bottom line - Don't let your kids play RB in school.

Edited by WestPanthers