• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He is from Mullins, SC and stayed in SC to play his college ball.  Sounds like he wants to STAY in Carolina.  Which I could see Leggette really wanting to be here.   Which he could be playing that angle hard from his side too. 

He is also a small town country boy and maybe living in an urban area 3000 miles away is intimidating to him---he seemed (when interviewed) to be a different character.  Heck, he is proving that by talking to the media about the Panthers.

26 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is also a small town country boy and maybe living in an urban area 3000 miles away is intimidating to him---he seemed (when interviewed) to be a different character.  Heck, he is proving that by talking to the media about the Panthers.

yeah, and I think he clearly has had some hardships.  Losing both his parents.  His support system simply might be more Carolina based and important to him and less mobile.   I couldsee  him getting cherry picked to some random city across the country maybe being harder for him and him wanting to stay close to what he knows. 

I mean, I think it is clear he wants to play for us.  Which to me, is a positive.  I think he is playing that card. 

I personally really like Leggette.  I've been firm on that for some time.  I just don't like him at the top of round 2. 

• Pie 4

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

hey, the kid could be an absolute stud. 

It Happens Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

or an idiot.  If he doesnt have the smarts to understand he cant say such things before the draft, what team secrets would he blurt out if drafted.

Just now, chknwing said:

or an idiot.  If he doesnt have the smarts to understand he cant say such things before the draft, what team secrets would he blurt out if drafted.

we’re questioning his intelligence now lol? 

people get so emotionally invested in these draft picks and if they don’t like the prospect things get weirdly personal

players say things like this every season

its normal 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

Why? What’s the worst that could happen? Someone takes him in the first to stop us from getting him and he makes more money?? 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why? What’s the worst that could happen? Someone takes him in the first to stop us from getting him and he makes more money?? 

there’s this angle as well, saying something like this has no downside for him and could yield real benefits, but you’re not going to convince people whose in depth draft evaluations have already made decisions 

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

there’s this angle as well, saying something like this has no downside for him and could yield real benefits, but you’re not going to convince people whose in depth draft evaluations have already made decisions 

it can hurt him if teams pass on him because he has loose lips

Edited by chknwing

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

Yeah but if they liked him early in the 2nd maybe they make a move to jump us. There is nothing to lose saying this. 

13 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I don't think he is dumb.  I think he is trying to make it known he WANTS to play for a team that likely most people would prefer not to get selected too.   That's just a reality.  And you want dudes that are all in and excited.  I mean, it might not work out in his favor but I would say that easily could be a calculated decision. 

So all things being equal between him and another player.....you want the dude excited and that wants to be a Panther? Or the dude who is like awe, poo.....the Panthers drafted me.  Because you know those players exist. 

I mean, he wants to play for his local team that played in his backyard growing up.  That's a lot of players.  I don't think teams are going to ding a talented kid that's then going to have a chip on his shoulder if he doesn't go there.  You here about that chip a lot too. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

it can hurt him if teams pass on him because he has loose lips

lol I don’t think this comment affects his draft status. If so, that team wasn’t very high on him to begin with…

• Beer 1