• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young ready to get back to work, grow as a leader

I don't care how they make it work as long as they make it work.

Honestly, no one should.

Life doesn't often fit into the nice tidy boxes we all think it should and football is the same way.

I get it, we have this perception of how it's all supposed to be done, but it just doesn't often work out like that.

I stead of bitching and moaning about how it doesn't look like we think it should, maybe just sit back and let them figure it out. It does matter how it should have been. Only thing that matters is accepting how it is and figuring it out from there.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

the Panthers drafted him last year #1 overall and gave up a fortune for him.   Now you got folks talking about him like he is PJ Walker who we plugged out of FA.  

I don't think he's PJ Walker by no stretch of the imagination.  However unless we significant progress he shouldn't have been the #1 overall pick either.

Would you call him a franchise QB or a QB that just needs to manage the game plan?

FYI, I'm pulling for him to prove me wrong but at this moment a solid game manager is the best we can hope for.

Either he is or he isn’t but I think the worst thing that can’t happen is he is mediocre imo

6-8…maybe even 9 wins depending will hurt this team more than anything

especially with Tepper as owner

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Damn the bar is low for this franchise if this is honesty that you 'gotta love'. Like, what else is he going to say? 

I'm more concerned that all they've done is "played catch" at a voluntary workout when Stroud and Diggs immediately got together on their own after that trade and started working. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm more concerned that all they've done is "played catch" at a voluntary workout when Stroud and Diggs immediately got together on their own after that trade and started working. 

That's leadership.

Any jabroni can hold it together making millions while losing.

The elite QB's want to win and will do whatever it takes and sacrifice their own time to do so.

That is what made Stroud an MVP candidate at one point last year as a rookie despite all the naysayers portraying him as lacking IQ and ironically leadership ability.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Eh, I'm pretty cynical about the franchise at the moment but I'm not going to leap to a negative conclusion and assume that Canales' words are to be taken literally. However, if it's been stated explicitly somewhere that this is their first time working together then that changes the complexion of the answer.

My concern is that Bryce is going to require a lot of premium resources to make his style of play work. He needs first and second round talent.

His game is: play breaks down, his beast o line buys him half an hour of scramble time and his first round WR makes magic happen.

Unless Morgan and co are draft and FA wizards, the defense will be filled with a stud here and there, but mostly JAGs. It’s damn near impossible to win a championship with a crap defense. 

in this instance, Bryce wins but panthers lose. We win 7 to 11 games a year, just because we’re so loaded on O. Ground game goes for 180 yards and 3 TDs a game behind a nasty line. Defense gives up 21 on the regular.