• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Yeah I know that. You were suggesting if he can play he'll get a deal before the 5th year (like Deonte Brown) making the 5th year not that important. My point is if he was a second rounder who can play they'd be looking to extend him before that 4th year. The 5th year option gives them at least one year extra having him on a rookie salary. For a potential WR1 that's at least $20m in cap savings.

there is literally no difference

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not waiting and seeing what deals may come and still get the guy you want all for a 5th year is so moronic I cannot put it in words. 

It’s baffling but what I’ve come to expect from this dumpster fire that poses as a professional football team 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

there is literally no difference

I mean there is. Seattle drafted Metcalf in the 2nd and gave him a $72m extension after year 3, before he got into the final year of his rookie deal. If they had drafted him in the 1st round he'd be getting that deal 1 year later and they'd be saving a ton of cap space.

9 minutes ago, FattyFatFat said:

I don’t want raw out of my first round draft pick, especially the one I traded up for. I want a bona fide starter. And I’m so sick of RAS scores and S2 tests and other analytical bull poo. Look at the tape. If there’s any question about rawness or route running or footwork then you don’t draft that guy. Or at least don’t give up poo for that guy. 

Please direct me to the WR in this draft that was available at 32 who is not raw in some ways?  We really traded up for the contract, not the person.  If switching a fifth for a sixth bothers you, you are talking about 23.6 trade value points.  Not a big deal.  However, if he plays, we could save $15m or so on the fifth year option.  It was smart, actually. 

All first rounders have strengths and weaknesses.  Most WRs have never faced press man coverage, and they struggle to do so st first.  He is 6'3" and 227--he will overcome it.

And being a good athlete is not a crime, even if you are tired of it.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is a bit raw, and we may have motion him to keep him from strong press man coverage--Tennessee managed to contain him--he caught 5 balls for 50 yards.   He was SC's only real threat, so he garnered a lot of attention in 2023.  According to his RAS score, he is impressive.  I think he will struggle at first, and they will experiment with how to use him.  He is good at contested catches and crossing routes.

image.png.697d5cd96e55274f51badfed77eaf2c9.png

RAS are almost always high when they dont do any agility drills which is the concern for him.  His 10 yd split is average. i care a lot more about that than the 40 time for wr.

8 minutes ago, FattyFatFat said:

I don’t want raw out of my first round draft pick, especially the one I traded up for. I want a bona fide starter. And I’m so sick of RAS scores and S2 tests and other analytical bull poo. Look at the tape. If there’s any question about rawness or route running or footwork then you don’t draft that guy. Or at least don’t give up poo for that guy. 

We've been obsessed with RAS since Tepper bought the team... and then we drafted Bryce Young.

You just gotta laugh to keep from crying.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

clown show top to bottom clown show

That level of narcissism is more than concerning. At this point all we can hope for is for Tepper to physically assault a fan to the point where the league makes him sell the team. That’s not a joke. I give that more than a 50% chance of happening. I’ll gladly volunteer my face for assault if that means this dick mouth leaves town for good 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Please direct me to the WR in this draft that was available at 32 who is not raw in some ways?  We really traded up for the contract, not the person.  If switching a fifth for a sixth bothers you, you are talking about 23.6 trade value points.  Not a big deal.  However, if he plays, we could save $15m or so on the fifth year option.  It was smart, actually. 

All first rounders have strengths and weaknesses.  Most WRs have never faced press man coverage, and they struggle to do so st first.  He is 6'3" and 227--he will overcome it.

And being a good athlete is not a crime, even if you are tired of it.

He's not 6'3.  He was listed 6'3 at SC.  He was 6' at the combine. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've been obsessed with RAS since Tepper bought the team... and then we drafted Bryce Young.

You just gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Showing his RAS score may not indicate an obsession.  I got it off a Colts site and they all wanted Legette.  I guess 2-15 darkens the perspectives of the fan base....I was actually reading an article last night (when we drafted Legette) about how the SF fans booed Jerry Rice his first season.

• Pie 1