• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How short a leash will Young be on?

Jmac

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Bryce will be the starting QB here at least through 2025.  I don't care how bad he is this coming season, teams typically don't give up on the #1 overall pick, especially a QB, just after two seasons. 

Buckle up for the 2026 draft.

What is typical about any aspect of this? Other than it looks like a typical Tepper QB fail? Point being, a non typical result could happen, and who would be surprised? Not me. The surprise would be a right decision. Which, I am ready for. Whatever it is. 

20 hours ago, TD alt said:

If Young can't at least play average, then little QBs of the present and future might as well kiss dreams of being in the NFL "goodbye." Sure, there may be what people consider outliers,  like Russ and Murray, but Wilson and Murray aren't exactly little guys. Young is the test case.

With all due respect to shrimp QBs with NFL ambition, they can try. I hope my team never again wants to be the guinea pig for that lobby. Unless it is day two or three. Let someone else deal with it. 

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Bryce will be the starting QB here at least through 2025.  I don't care how bad he is this coming season, teams typically don't give up on the #1 overall pick, especially a QB, just after two seasons. 

Buckle up for the 2026 draft.

I've heard the 26 draft will be the best one yet.  Nico and Arch leading the way!

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I've heard the 26 draft will be the best one yet.  Nico and Arch leading the way!

With our luck Bryce will have a break out season and lead us to 7 or 8 wins which will be out of reach for the top two QB.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

With our luck Bryce will have a break out season and lead us to 7 or 8 wins which will be out of reach for the top two QB.

If Bryce breaks out and leads us to 7-8 wins then they wouldn't be drafting a QB anyway.

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

If Bryce breaks out and leads us to 7-8 wins then they wouldn't be drafting a QB anyway.

In a 17 game season, that's still a losing record.  Three consecutive losing seasons for a #1 overall pick and yes, they should consider all options even replacing Bryce.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

In a 17 game season, that's still a losing record.  Three consecutive losing seasons for a #1 overall pick and yes, they should consider all options even replacing Bryce.

I think going from 2 wins to 8 wins would be enough of an increase to convince Tepper that he deserves one more season, to see if he continues the upward trajectory.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, travisura said:

If bryce wins 7 games they will give him another season.  But if he starts off like 2-6 they probably bench him

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I do see a really methodical way the team could compete on offense. But I don’t see the field getting stretched far enough, often enough to win enough games and it all has to go just right. There isn’t much margin. 

Guarantee Red Zone will be better if we ever get down there. I mean if there is one team used to operating in tight quarters....=== and I think we have everything for down close except a short yardage ram.

11 minutes ago, travisura said:

I think going from 2 wins to 8 wins would be enough of an increase to convince Tepper that he deserves one more season, to see if he continues the upward trajectory.

We are going to have 2 wins this year?  Yuck.   FYI, another poster and I were discussing the 2026 draft.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Spring game aside (where his highlights are pretty nice) Arch hasnt even taken a snap yet

I’m half joking. Every year the QB class gets hyped up. I do think Nico will be good but who knows. 

In all probability, whoever is in the Number 1 for Manning won’t be selling the pick. And if Young is still here it will be because we got better than worst in the league. So it probably wouldn’t be us.