• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Draft: Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Prepare for more bitching and complaining. 

And we will continue to bitch and moan until proven wrong. What have the leaders of this org done lately to show us otherwise?  That have royally screwed up at every turn, why stop now?

Edited by 33inNC

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Were you also bothered by people bitching and moaning about the past few drafts?  Because I've got news for you, they should have been.

I laughed just as I am now. It is what it is. The draft is a crap shoot and  no 2 teams boards are the same. None follow the draftniks rankings. So thinking it was good or bad will only show itself after a season or two. 

Just now, 33inNC said:

And we will co time to bitch and moan until proven wrong. What have the leaders of this org done lately to show us otherwise?  That have royally screwed up at every turn, why stop now?

Well bitching about this draft is premature. No prospect has played a down in the nfl yet and you will not know how any of them will do until they have played a full season or two. It just the way it goes for the majority of draft picks. Most take time to adjust. A few show something right away but that doesn't mean they will stay that way.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I want at least 2 of these 4 picks to not be project players for the love of God 

Damn near player that falls to the 4th round and beyond is a project. That or they either have concerns about their character or medical.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I laughed just as I am now. It is what it is. The draft is a crap shoot and  no 2 teams boards are the same. None follow the draftniks rankings. So thinking it was good or bad will only show itself after a season or two. 

I definitely agree no one knows for sure for years down the road but it is pretty proven by now most of our drafts have been terrible the past few years.  Some people love all these prospects some dont and it changes nothing about what they will actually end up being.  I think its just as reasonable for the people who didnt like a prospect to explain their reasoning as it is for the people who do like said prospect.

Just now, Tr3ach said:

I definitely agree no one knows for sure for years down the road but it is pretty proven by now most of our drafts have been terrible the past few years.  Some people love all these prospects some dont and it changes nothing about what they will actually end up being.  I think its just as reasonable for the people who didnt like a prospect to explain their reasoning as it is for the people who do like said prospect.

Well at this point in time I cannot understand why one would have either position. There's no reason to love or hate the selections. That should be determined after the season. 

I really wish we would take Troy Franklin with the first pick today even if just based on value.  Analytics love him if you look in to the in depth statistics and measurable.   Unfortunately I doubt we do though.  I figure we take te or cb with this pick, which you could say are bigger needs now but you forget needs on day 3 as far as Im concerned and focus on who you think the have the best odds to be a solid player.  Day 3 is for gambling. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well at this point in time I cannot understand why one would have either position. There's no reason to love or hate the selections. That should be determined after the season. 

You dont have prospects you like or dislike going in to the draft?  Some people prefer certain measurables or strengths on tape than others.

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

I really wish we would take Troy Franklin with the first pick today even if just based on value.  Analytics love him if you look in to the in depth statistics and measurable.   Unfortunately I doubt we do though.  I figure we take te or cb with this pick, which you could say are bigger needs now but you forget needs on day 3 as far as Im concerned and focus on who you think the have the best odds to be a solid player.  Day 3 is for gambling. 

I think Dan last night basically said first 2 days were bpa and day 3 is more need based, at least he didn't object to a reporters framing of that in the presser.