• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Draft: Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)

3 minutes ago, TD alt said:

No Curley. No Burton. No Washington. No Javon Baker. No Rice. All my dreams of the double dip at WR have disintegrated. *Sigh*

Well, 2025 is supposed to be deep also. Bryce has weapons, so I can't be too disappointed. 

I really wanted Burton

He’s a very nice add for Cincy especially if they don’t plan to sign Higgins to a long term deal (which I doubt they will)

Just now, Jon Snow said:

There's always the udfa pool and the waiver wire. It ain't over till its over.

Hell, man, I've seen enough UDFAs over the years here that I'm not about to believe any one of them is going to be significant. Philly was as good as it ever got, and I had to argue with people about his status as JAG. Remember KeyGarrett and that other tall dude whose name I can't even remember (I think it started with Mc). LOL 

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Never said they were infallible. They're just not based on what you base yours on. Teams are looking for fit in their system. That throws any preceived bpa out the window. It doesn't mean they don't get it wrong sometimes. But they do take players they think can be successful for them. They set their bpa based on their rankings of the pool. They do not use Mel Kipers big board or anyone on here's board.  To lament over perceived value is just a wasted exercise in my view. But if that makes you feel some kinda way then have fun with it. This stuff doesn't bother in the least.

If you don’t care so much, why do bother watching the draft and come in the threads? You’re acting like I don’t know that a team has its own ranking. It’s ok to disagree and think we passed on guys that we shouldn’t have. I actually enjoy the draft and I’ve got a great memory so I’ll remember the guys we passed over and check in to see if they pop up as successful or not.

Also, I’ll be honest and maybe you will agree and maybe you won’t, but I think this team has royally fuged up by going for their needs instead of BPA. Miami is a playoff team and even after they took an edge in the 1st, they saw value in another edge in the 5th that they didn’t have in for a visit. I don’t think we’ve done that at all which leads to missing on solid players like Tre Smith a couple drafts ago. I think that our going for needs has been because our GMs have thought we were close even as our 2013-2017 playoff teams were basically whittled away. It has absolutely contributed to us going from 4 out of 5 playoffs to a 2-15 team that was lucky to barely win both games. I liked some of the picks today and hope they do well, but the way we finished up was reminiscent of the past 6 drafts. We’ll see but I’ll remember Limmer, Jones, McLahlan and Kamara to see if we might have had one of those mega drafts that we so sorely needed. Adios and you enjoy as well.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Maybe because he's not all that? I don't know because I don't know who that is. 

hes from Linebacker U.  Penn State. thought he would have gone in the 4th.  Hes a good line backer.

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I really wanted Burton

He’s a very nice add for Cincy especially if they don’t plan to sign Higgins to a long term deal (which I doubt they will)

Me too. He could be a huge steal. Personally, I think he had that high WR2 upside.

• Pie 1