• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2025 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

On 4/29/2024 at 11:45 PM, Martin said:

Milroe would fly up draft boards with a good year as a passer. I could easily see him go #1 overall if he makes a jump.

Agreed. At risk of being called out for Bama Fandom again, I think the biggest home run swing in '25 might actually be Milroe depending on how the season goes. He's definitely set up to be the Anthony Richardson of this draft. He also beat Beck last year and gets Penix's coach this year.

Then again, I saw his interview after beating Georgia and he won't wow anyone at the steakhouse, so...

2025 QB draft is like the Kenny Pickett draft, you might as well hope Bryce wins you 8 games enough to keep him around 1 extra year so we can maybe get a good QB in 2026.

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, Jaxel said:

2025 QB draft is like the Kenny Pickett draft, you might as well hope Bryce wins you 8 games enough to keep him around 1 extra year so we can maybe get a good QB in 2026.

Woof, not THAT bad.   That draft class had ZERO first rounders.  Yeah, I know, Pickett went #19 to the hometown Steelers.  I personally had zero first round grades on QBs in that draft.  If the Steelers didn't catch Pickett, he very well could have made it to the second round.

I'm going to compare it to the QB 2020 draft, although the top guy won't be as good as Burrow, but still should go #1 overall.  You'll probably have a couple more guys go in the top 10 (Tua, Herbert) and there may be a Love or Hurts in the late first/early second.

Just now, rayzor said:

i hope we don't need one.

Needing one and drafting one is two separate things. We might need one, but Bryce will get a 3rd season unless he simply looks atrocious out there.  We could draft a backup as this is Dalton's last season, but a straight up replacement for Bryce I don't see in the cards until the 2026 draft at the earliest.

• Pie 1

On 4/29/2024 at 5:11 PM, Jaxel said:

I betting Ewers will be consensus number 1 by the end of the year.

I agree…his size isn’t great but he makes it look easy most of the time and his touch is top shelf

On 5/19/2024 at 6:58 PM, Martin said:

I think it will end up being a pretty good qb draft. Don’t see the comparison with the Pickett draft

Decent draft for QBs, but not where you want to be absolutely needing your franchise QB.  I knew the Pickett draft was going to suck, BTW.

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 8:37 AM, rayzor said:

i hope we don't need one.

I don’t think we will and I don’t see anyone next season in college better than Bryce although I am admittedly still very high on his potential 

Edited by Shocker

The few big boards I've seen so far are not high on QBs, one didn't have the first QB on their board until 10.  I really hope by the end of the season we see 3 qbs in the top 5 or 6.

Not because I want us to draft one, but because we all know there is a good chance we'll be drafting in the top 5, possibly even #1.  Considering what we gave up to Chicago to take a flyer on a QB at #1, we could get a real haul of picks to rebuild.

And before someone says something foolish like "if we're picking first, we'll pick another QB," we're not unless a can't miss player that we just cant pass up is available.

Bryce deserves a chance with a new coach, an Oline, and some receivers that can get open.  We'll be closer to making a decision on him after next season.

On 5/30/2024 at 5:42 PM, Captain Morgan said:

The few big boards I've seen so far are not high on QBs, one didn't have the first QB on their board until 10.  I really hope by the end of the season we see 3 qbs in the top 5 or 6.

Not because I want us to draft one, but because we all know there is a good chance we'll be drafting in the top 5, possibly even #1.  Considering what we gave up to Chicago to take a flyer on a QB at #1, we could get a real haul of picks to rebuild.

And before someone says something foolish like "if we're picking first, we'll pick another QB," we're not unless a can't miss player that we just cant pass up is available.

Bryce deserves a chance with a new coach, an Oline, and some receivers that can get open.  We'll be closer to making a decision on him after next season.

We screwed up a couple years ago taking Bryce in the first place.  Nobody held a gun to our head to jump from #9 to #1.  Most people who keep up with draft news knew this 2024 QB class was loaded and we should have waited, which I advocated. It was a dumb move and I knew it.  Now we have to roll with Bryce another year.  That's fine, because this 2025 class isn't that great.  I like Ewers, but not super high on him.  If Bryce shows improvement, which I think he will, that should get him at least one more season before we have to decide on if he's the permanent answer or not.  I've said before, the 2026 draft is the next window for a franchise QB if Bryce isn't the answer. Bryce gets this year and next at a minimum.

On 5/30/2024 at 5:42 PM, Captain Morgan said:

If we are picking first in 2025 then something has gone tragically wrong and we are looking at 3ish wins.  And with that you can bet your ass we are getting another qb.  And yes I understand that the jags just had this happen but that is completely different