• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Rags Round 2 Game 1 4pm

6 hours ago, PantherChris said:

I honestly wouldn't call game two critical, (I expect us to take both at home)

Im feeling pretty good about game 2 though.

It's critical because there is only so deep you can dig yourself a hole. Two games down is very bad. 

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Great analysis of the game imho by Adam Gold- 

Gold is a tool... lmao

Team O+G

Forreals tho, if you haven't been watching Ovies and Giglio's OG After Dark breakdowns so far this playoffs, you've been missing out!

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Gold is a tool... lmao

Team O+G

Forreals tho, if you haven't been watching Ovies and Giglio's OG After Dark breakdowns so far this playoffs, you've been missing out!

Sounds like some of you guys don’t like Gold lol. First time I’ve listened to his podcast but I agreed with most of his detailed analysis for this game. If you didn’t really listen to it (it’s long) it is worth at least listening to.

OG take on the game was simplified, lost because of special teams, 5 on 5 was “fine”. No, 5 on 5 was not fine.

Gold pointed out special teams huge failure as well but also pointed out 5 on 5 deficiencies. Only 12 SOG through 2 periods, Canes at times appeared hesitant to shoot (totally agree). Canes scored 2 goals 5 on 5 same as Rags. We didn’t bring in Guentz to only have the team score 2 goals 5 on 5 and he has only one empty net goal through 6 playoff games. Yes he has a lot of assists but we need his goals too. Gold pointed out Jarvis as playing an excellent game, agree.

Not here to debate podcasts but I did enjoy Golds detailed analysis, your mileage may vary but if you haven’t listened to it well that’s up to you.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Sounds like some of you guys don’t like Gold lol. First time I’ve listened to his podcast but I agreed with most of his detailed analysis for this game. If you didn’t really listen to it (it’s long) it is worth at least listening to.

OG take on the game was simplified, lost because of special teams, 5 on 5 was “fine”. No, 5 on 5 was not fine.

Gold pointed out special teams huge failure as well but also pointed out 5 on 5 deficiencies. Only 12 SOG through 2 periods, Canes at times appeared hesitant to shoot (totally agree). Canes scored 2 goals 5 on 5 same as Rags. We didn’t bring in Guentz to only have the team score 2 goals 5 on 5 and he has only one empty net goal through 6 playoff games. Yes he has a lot of assists but we need his goals too. Gold pointed out Jarvis as playing an excellent game, agree.

Not here to debate podcasts but I did enjoy Golds detailed analysis, your mileage may vary but if you haven’t listened to it well that’s up to you.

I’m not seeing why people are down on our 5v5. We owned them for most of the game 5v5. See offensive zone time disparity. 

If Svech didn’t get called for a phantom trip at the end we probably would have taken the game to overtime. 

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m not seeing why people are down on our 5v5. We owned them for most of the game 5v5. See offensive zone time disparity. 

If Svech didn’t get called for a phantom trip at the end we probably would have taken the game to overtime. 

Goals my friend. OZ time is nice but 12 SOG through first two periods and only 2 goals 5 on 5 is not cup winning play. We said we needed scoring for this team and it wasn’t there this game. Not saying special teams and Freddie’s one leaker didn’t sink us, it did.  But scoring could have overcome even that.

I do believe the game was an anomaly and Canes win game 2. 

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Goals my friend. OZ time is nice but 12 SOG through first two periods and only 2 goals 5 on 5 is not cup winning play. We said we needed scoring for this team and it wasn’t there this game. Not saying special teams and Freddie’s one leaker didn’t sink us, it did.  But scoring could have overcome even that.

I do believe the game was an anomaly and Canes win game 2. 

We hit like 4-6 posts and whiffed on 3 grade A’s. I’m not worried. Oz time is important because it means we are dictating the game style, not the rags. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

We hit like 4-6 posts and whiffed on 3 grade A’s. I’m not worried. Oz time is important because it means we are dictating the game style, not the rags. 

OZ time is important since it keeps the opposing team away from scoring and gives our team opportunities to score- and scoring wins games. No one ever won a game on OZ time, we didn’t win on it,  it takes goals to win.

Remember we all called for a scorer to be added to this team to have chance at the cup. We added Guentzel to the team and now it’s time for him and all of our top scorers to step up. Posts and whifs don’t count.

I do expect to see some scoring in game 2 and a win because it’s all on the line now.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, DavidEng said:

The swipe at Gold was mostly tongue in cheek, playing off the long history of the two (now) rivals.

I do find that the 2 Joe's seem to get better access to guests despite 99.9 being the "Official" Canes partner. Unfortunately, Capitol Media Group has burnt a lot of bridges with a huge number of talented local sports professionals. (Some of which are currently employed by our favorite hockey team.)

Ultimately it comes down to style though. Gold tends to be a bit doomerish while the OG boys always err towards optimism with the Canes. 

• Pie 1