• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle was a run heavy team

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm waiting for an example of a fancy high flying offense.

we might have to wait a minute.

i really don't think that we have seen enough in a competently managed offense to know what BY is capable of. i want to see what they can dial up with an upgraded OL, WR room, pass catching TE, and a coaching staff that is too preoccupied with hunger game crap to figure out what to do on offense. 

"highlights" from last year don't inspire me, but i'm hoping that within the first few games we'll see something working better. exactly what, i don't know. fortunately it's not my job to figure that poo out. my job is to sit back, watch...and then celebrate or bitch depending on what happens. 

i am excited to see what canales puts together, though. 

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

i really don't think that we have seen enough in a competently managed offense to know what BY is capable of. i want to see what they can dial up with an upgraded OL, WR room, pass catching TE, and a coaching staff that is too preoccupied with hunger game crap to figure out what to do on offense. 

"highlights" from last year don't inspire me, but i'm hoping that within the first few games we'll see something working better. exactly what, i don't know. fortunately it's not my job to figure that poo out. my job is to sit back, watch...and then celebrate or bitch depending on what happens. 

I'm talking about on any team. I keep hearing that but have yet to see an example. The last high flying offense I've seen was the Rams "Greatest Show on Turf". Since then it's been just average for passing offenses across the league. 

23 hours ago, Tbe said:

This front office is obsessed with 2010-2014 Seattle. 

Trying to model/recreate some kind of past success never seems to work.

Definitely infatuated with 2010-2014 Seattle and also Deebo Samuel for some reason it feels like lol

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm talking about on any team. I keep hearing that but have yet to see an example. The last high flying offense I've seen was the Rams "Greatest Show on Turf". Since then it's been just average for passing offenses across the league. 

2013 Broncos and 2007 Patriots are the two that come to mind for me. Both Super Bowl losers, oddly enough.

9 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

2013 Broncos and 2007 Patriots are the two that come to mind for me. Both Super Bowl losers, oddly enough.

That's it? I thought most of the teams in the league had it they way some talk on here. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

That's it? I thought most of the teams in the league had it they way some talk on here. 

Seems like one team every other year or so lights up the scoreboard. It rarely leads to a championship. The Chiefs of a few years back may be the exception. The Dolphins may be about as close as it got last year, but even they fizzled out.

• Beer 1

Just now, XClown1986 said:

Seems like one team every other year or so lights up the scoreboard. It rarely leads to a championship. The Chiefs of a few years back may be the exception. The Dolphins may be about as close as it got last year, but even they fizzled out.

I was struggling to find what folks were talking about so I was hoping someone would enlighten me. 

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

Canales is talking about a run heavy offense. Last year there were times when teams put 10 guys in the box and dared BY to throw the ball. 

Heavy run does not work without the threat of deep passing which Bryce struggles with. 

I don't see anyway that this is going to work out. 

Heavy run game/PA wco? Lol

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

That Rams offense has been topped like 10 times since then even before a game was added. Even the Rams have outscored that Rams 

Russ did not have some immaculate deep ball on the Seahawks. In fact most of his deep passes were wobblers that his receivers made adjustments for in a way that Mingo could not even dream about.

Bryce threw some beautiful deep balls to Jameson Williams at Alabama. Now that he has a couple NFL quality receivers (hopefully), he should be fine running that scheme.

People said all this exact same poo about Tua after year 1. He can't throw deep, he has a weak arm, etc. Then they signed Tyreek Hill and suddenly he had a great deep ball. Amazing how that works.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

Russ did not have some immaculate deep ball on the Seahawks. In fact most of his deep passes were wobblers that his receivers made adjustments for in a way that Mingo could not even dream about.

Bryce threw some beautiful deep balls to Jameson Williams at Alabama. Now that he has a couple NFL quality receivers (hopefully), he should be fine running that scheme.

People said all this exact same poo about Tua after year 1. He can't throw deep, he has a weak arm, etc. Then they signed Tyreek Hill and suddenly he had a great deep ball. Amazing how that works.

You about to be set straight in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

• Pie 1