• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Underdog Fantasy on Bryce Young

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again I ask.  What makes you think this off season is the one he works on his mechanics?   I mean they are what they are now and God knows how many times I am going to bitch at him hopping in the pocket this season.  He has had elite coaching since 8th grade and this is what he is still doing.

He didn’t say he thinks that will happen, just that it’s something that could and that no one really knows till we see him under the new regime. 

• Beer 1

Our foundation will be set-up perfectly for a young top notch QB to come in and flourish immediately. A top level RB two opposite Wrs one deep ball catcher one quick separator. A young dynamic TE with a strong young Oline. Insert A stud QB and we're trending up for five plus years. Might only cost us one more year of suffering 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Our foundation will be set-up perfectly for a young top notch QB to come in and flourish immediately. A top level RB two opposite Wrs one deep ball catcher one quick separator. A young dynamic TE with a strong young Oline. Insert A stud QB and we're trending up for five plus years. Might only cost us one more year of suffering 

They are going to shoe horn a 3rd season for Young no matter what happens in 2024

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

They are going to shoe horn a 3rd season for Young no matter what happens in 2024

Could be. Can't put anything past Tepper and his need for validation. He and Morgan and desperate to salvage the pick. But if things get at all as bad as last season on offense their hand may be forced.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Could be. Can't put anything past Tepper and his need for validation. He and Morgan and desperate to salvage the pick. But if things get at all as bad as last season on offense their hand may be forced.

we scratch and claw for 6 wins and roll with him again for year 3.  Too much invested in young IMO. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Coheed said:

He didn’t say he thinks that will happen, just that it’s something that could and that no one really knows till we see him under the new regime. 

TMJ could become the best WR in the NFL. No one really knows till we see him under the new regime. lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

I still hope he can be the next Tua. But not sure how i feel about the next years class will be. Sanders you have to deal with the Media and his dad who wont want him here. Is Beck going to be the man? Ewers had to fight off a Freshman last year. Hoping if we pick high we can do a trade like the Bears did to us.

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

His entire contract is basically 90% guaranteed he got a 24 mil signing bonus and a similar prorated amount. You could save a a few million roster bonus, for '25 and '26. 

If he is horrible draft someone. Make them beat him out. He can be #2 for ’25 before the season is over. Maybe before camp. 

If he’s great in ‘24 then no problem. (I’d be scouting QBs right now).

Edited by strato

4 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I still hope he can be the next Tua. But not sure how i feel about the next years class will be. Sanders you have to deal with the Media and his dad who wont want him here. Is Beck going to be the man? Ewers had to fight off a Freshman last year. Hoping if we pick high we can do a trade like the Bears did to us.

Beck is my #1 as of today.  The way he played in the second half of the season was masterful.  Just need to see it again.  ewers has mad talent as well but again just need to see it.  Sanders scares the poo out of me for numerous reasons

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

TMJ could become the best WR in the NFL. No one really knows till we see him under the new regime. lol

not even remotely comparable situations but go off bro 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, frankw said:

Teppers need for validation hasnt prevented previous Tepper pet projects from being cutshort coaches over his ownership. It's been the most obvious characteristic of his tenure.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Beck is my #1 as of today.  The way he played in the second half of the season was masterful.  Just need to see it again.  ewers has mad talent as well but again just need to see it.  Sanders scares the poo out of me for numerous reasons

I kind of like Sanders, but I really want to see Cam Ward and Riley Leonard with their new teams.  I doubt they make it to QB1, but it should be interesting....

15 minutes ago, csx said:

Teppers need for validation hasnt prevented previous Tepper pet projects from being cutshort coaches over his ownership. It's been the most obvious characteristic of his tenure.

Yes this is true but trading what we did to get Bryce Young is not a "pet project". That's a possible future ESPN 30 for 30.

They need this pick to work. That's what Canales was hired for. We'll see.