• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

Honestly, no. I hope I'm wrong about that, I just didn't see the required prerequisite talent on the field last year. I just hope for boom or bust. Go out there and prove me wrong and show a ton of promise. That would be by far the best thing. But if not that, just completely suck again and make it obvious we fuged up and we need to move on. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

Yes, I do. You’ll see a much better performance this year. The following year he will be a top half of the league QB. Not sure what his ceiling will be, but he will a least be an average to above average starter. 

Average starter would be the worst case scenario IMO. Outside of building a Niners type overall roster that means purgatory. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I realize Peyton Manning’s first year is the classic example but…

Trevor Lawrence, Kyler Murray, Jared Goff, and Jalen Hurts are “good” not great QB’s right now.  And they’ve been around and are getting PAID.

It takes time, you have to develop an NFL QB.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Average starter would be the worst case scenario IMO. Outside of building a Niners type overall roster that means purgatory. 

If he gets a second contract off of going .500ish we're screwed

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Average to above average QB play has not happened here since around 2018. It would be a welcome improvement. 

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, no. I hope I'm wrong about that, I just didn't see the required prerequisite talent on the field last year. I just hope for boom or bust. Go out there and prove me wrong and show a ton of promise. That would be by far the best thing. But if not that, just completely suck again and make it obvious we fuged up and we need to move on. 

I was expecting him to struggle like most rookies do. But I expected to see a game or two that showcased why we picked him 1st overall. 
Cam had a few games his rookie season. Bryce had zero. 
Yeah, the Packers game was cool but the Packers defense made any QB they faced look like Payton Manning. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Trevor Lawrence, Kyler Murray, Jared Goff, and Jalen Hurts are “good” not great QB’s right now.  And they’ve been around and are getting PAID.

Payton Manning was also a prototypical QB and he still had moments that made you realize he is gonna be good. 
Bryce has zero last year. 

12 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Check out the first year for John Elway--Terry Bradshaw--both had situations similar to what we have here.