• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

32 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Its a possibility, i just think its a small one.

Also, when it you define good you have to take into consideration if that good is enough for the panthers to invest long term.

Well considering he is only in his second year good would be just better than last year. 
I have said before I am willing to give Bryce 3 years I’d there is improvement. But if it is same ole, same ole then I am glad Canales isn’t tied to Bryce long term. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Sam Mills

Steve Smith

Bryce Young

All smaller athletes, that have a passion for the game.

All told they are/were too small for the NFL. 

These are all facts.

The only thing that separates these men, is 1 of them is in the midst of proving he belongs. 

Bryce Young is not even in same universe with those named Mills and Smitty.  Mills and Smitty showed promise from the start and had hearts of lions. Pillows is soft spoken and quiet.  Bryce yells with his hands over his mouth because he doesn’t want to be too loud. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, strato said:

That ain’t advice. Before right now, have I personally insulted you?

You really seem to have reading comprehension issues. 

Did I personally insult you?  Hmmmm

I thought I made a general statement.  

It's a damn shame you took it personally.  

I've read more than enough of your posts to know you should take your own advice. 

Anyways, no hard feelings. 

May I say one more thing? Oh hell, why am I asking you? 🤣🤣

One of the great things about being a fan of the NFL, is watching players develop.  Every year,  there are players whom make it that nobody saw coming.  Then there are those whom everyone thought was sure fire winners, fail. 

I enjoy watching players develop, and grow into players that we love and admire.  It's part of the enjoyment of watching the game. 

Seems that is lost in today's NFL where everyone wants instant success and gratification.  

I do apologize if you took anything I've said personally.  It's just a message board. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This video is based off a Tommy Tremble comment.

Best case scenario is this was a large part of the problem and he is a new and improved version of himself.

The other side to this is he got significantly worse after Reich was canned.

Also just because we've lived it after trading for him. We have to acknowledge the same oft used defense of Sam Darnold. Which was.....*drum roll*.... Mentioning Adam Gase as many times as possible until everyone believed he was the ultimate boogeyman.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 2

34 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This video is based off a Tommy Tremble comment.

I mean, I normally jive with him but his logic here doesn’t actually make any sense.  

Bryce struggled last year because the HC, OC, Sr O advisor, Dalton, QB coach all were talking to him…..but that’s somehow not going to happen again?  He is going to be hearing all those same folks talk.   Maybe the old ones were the wrong voices but that’s not what he is arguing. 

Canales is the HC. A green one that has tons to learn.  He isn’t going to be the lone voice for Bryce.   He doesn’t t have that sort of time to devote to him 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I normally jive with him but his logic here doesn’t actually make any sense.  

Bryce struggled last year because the HC, OC, Sr O advisor, Dalton, QB coach all were talking to him…..but that’s somehow not going to happen again?  He is going to be hearing all those same folks talk.   Maybe the old ones were the wrong voices but that’s not what he is arguing. 

Canales is the HC. A green one that has tons to learn.  He isn’t going to be the lone voice for Bryce.   He doesn’t t have that sort of time to devote to him 

Just guessing, but I think they are trying to say the staff is all on the same page now. This is DC’s offensive staff that he brought in to run his offense and develop our QB the way he wants. Yes Bryce will deal with multiple people, but they should all be echoing what DC wants. On a conflicting side note, why is Caldwell still employed? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Just guessing, but I think they are trying to say the staff is all on the same page now. This is DC’s offensive staff that he brought in to run his offense and develop our QB the way he wants. Yes Bryce will deal with multiple people, but they should all be echoing what DC wants. On a conflicting side note, why is Caldwell still employed? 

Yeah, but that’s just standard talk.  Same stuff said entering every year for every team.  Like last year.  Just echoing what Frank wants. 

Jim Caldwell won the Game of Thrones last year.  He clearly rose in power during that poo show.  How else does he help pick the hires this year.   The offensive assistant also remains.   

I can accept keeping the entire D coaching staff intact but I have long said….something doesn’t smell right about Caldwell surviving all this.  How exactly did he gain so much favor and survive.  Same for the O assistant.   

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, but that’s just standard talk.  Same stuff said entering every year for every team.  Like last year.  Just echoing what Frank wants. 

Jim Caldwell won the Game of Thrones last year.  He clearly rose in power during that poo show.  How else does he help pick the hires this year.   The offensive assistant also remains.   

I can accept keeping the entire D coaching staff intact but I have long said….something doesn’t smell right about Caldwell surviving all this.  How exactly did he gain so much favor and survive.  Same for the O assistant.   

I don’t think Frank picked his staff last year. I also don’t think they were all on the same page… 

Yeah the Caldwell thing smells funky. 

3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Bryce Young is not even in same universe with those named Mills and Smitty.  Mills and Smitty showed promise from the start and had hearts of lions. Pillows is soft spoken and quiet.  Bryce yells with his hands over his mouth because he doesn’t want to be too loud. 

Mills was released from the Browns after his first preseason.  Then he went to Canada and was released before the season began there.  He became a photography teacher before his next chance in CFL

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Best case scenario is this was a large part of the problem and he is a new and improved version of himself.

The other side to this is he got significantly worse after Reich was canned.

Also just because we've lived it after trading for him. We have to acknowledge the same oft used defense of Sam Darnold. Which was.....*drum roll*.... Mentioning Adam Gase as many times as possible until everyone believed he was the ultimate boogeyman.

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully, Canales and Young gel and do good things together. That said, I'm not holding my breath.

• Beer 1