• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will the wins come from? (my early predictions)

NAS

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm trying to remember when the defense last helped us win a game in the last 5 years. If they can keep the score low and stop the run it would be an improvement. I've got a feeling it will be as good or better than last years group. 

Last game of 2022.  Offense scored 3 points and we beat the Saints 10-7.  

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Hey, I will be happy if the can improve on just 1 thing, just 1. Is that too much to ask?

In the Tepper era? Seems like a big ask lol.  We are trending worse through a half decade.  Maybe we have bottomed.  I’m not sure though

• Beer 3

As of right now IMO... 

Raiders, Bears (rookie QB), Commanders (rookie QB), Broncos (rookie QB), Giants (Europe game), and Cardinals seem winnable.  Throw in some division wins (Canales hopefully splits with Bucs, and I could see us splitting with the Falcons OR Saints if we make the right improvements...

To me that's 8 wins if everything goes our way (Bryce progresses, Evero's defense is playing great, running game is working, XL or Mingo turn into real threats, Johnson plays as good as he did in Pitt, etc...)

Realistically I'm thinking 6 wins and I think that could be a successful season with a new coach inheriting a 2-15 team.  6-11 with our offense looking better and playing competitive football and I'll be happy.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

As of right now IMO... 

Raiders, Bears (rookie QB), Commanders (rookie QB), Broncos (rookie QB), Giants (Europe game), and Cardinals seem winnable.  Throw in some division wins (Canales hopefully splits with Bucs, and I could see us splitting with the Falcons OR Saints if we make the right improvements...

To me that's 8 wins if everything goes our way (Bryce progresses, Evero's defense is playing great, running game is working, XL or Mingo turn into real threats, Johnson plays as good as he did in Pitt, etc...)

Realistically I'm thinking 6 wins and I think that could be a successful season with a new coach inheriting a 2-15 team.  6-11 with our offense looking better and playing competitive football and I'll be happy.

6-11 with our offense ranked in the top 15 would be a incredibly successful season.  All depends on byrce and the offense because I think we will be in some shoot outs this year with out defense

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well there you go. Then wins must come from the offense. 

So, you're expecting for the first time in the history of the franchise, that the team is going to be carried by the offense, and not some balance?

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

6-11 with our offense ranked in the top 15 would be a incredibly successful season.  All depends on byrce and the offense because I think we will be in some shoot outs this year with out defense

I'm not sure our defense is any worse this year.  If we land a solid CB2 like Gilly still I'd argue it was better than last year's (on paper of course) which was average?  Evero got several of his former players in Robinson, Jewell (replaces Luvu), and Fuller plus Shaq is back and Clowny will replace Burns.  Wonnum is an upgrade over YGM.  

Posted (edited)

I'm too lazy to make my own format so I am stealing yours. 

Week 1: Sept. 8 at New Orleans  (W) 17-6

• Running game and Derek Carr having a horrible opener gets the win.

Week 2: Sept 15 vs. Los Angeles Chargers (L) 24-10

• Hype from Week 1 goes away when Harbaugh and Herbert show up.

Week 3: Sept 22 at Las Vegas  (W) 16-13

• Complete defensive struggle but Panthers win on last minute FG. 

Week 4: Sept. 29 vs. Cincinnati  (L) 30-13

• Score is actually worse but Panthers score in garbage time.

Week 5: Oct. 6 at Chicago (L) 21-10

• Horrible performance by Bryce in a winnable game and even his fans start to think he's not it, press conference questions get worse and calls for benching intensifies. 

Week 6: Oct. 13 vs. Atlanta (L) 20-17

• Running game becomes 70% of offense to help Bryce, it works but can't get job done at the end.

Week 7: Oct. 20 at Washington  (W) 21-14

• Running game/defensive comes through; Bryce does okay.

Week 8: Oct. 27 at Denver (L) 27-7

• Complete offensive collapse.

Week 9: Nov. 3 vs. New Orleans (L) 30-24

• Saints keep shooting themselves in the foot but we provide them a turnover-fest and they come back in the 2nd half. 

Week 10: Nov. 10 vs. N.Y. Giants (Munich, Germany) (L) 24-6

• Worse offensive performance of our season.

Week 11: Nov. 17 BYE

Week 12: Nov. 24 vs. Kansas City (L) 34-31 OT

• Dalton takes over for Bryce to try to salvage season. Plays close game; gives team a slight bump.

Week 13: Dec. 1 vs. Tampa Bay (W) 28-27

• Dalton has nice game. Canales beats his former team in a stunner. 

Week 14: Dec 8 at Philadelphia (L) 27-14

• Tough crowd, tough game, run out of gas in the 4th. 

Week 15: Dec: 15 vs. Dallas (L) 31-24

• This will be out "worse officiated game of the year." and we will all accuse the NFL of trying to get the Cowboys in the postseason.

Week 16: Dec. 22 vs. Arizona (W) 26-10

• Solid win by Dalton and co. 

Week 17: Dec. 29 at Tampa Bay (W) 12-10

• Canales sweeps his former team and knocks them out of the postseason in an absolute rain fest.

Week 18: Jan. 4 or 5 at Atlanta (L) 28-20

• Close game but Atlanta holds us off. 

Panthers finish 6-11. Dalton's mediocre performance shows just how bad Young really was. Panthers start the search for the next QB.

Edited by ProcessBlue2

41 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

So, you're expecting for the first time in the history of the franchise, that the team is going to be carried by the offense, and not some balance?

I'm not expecting anything. I'm just trying to predict what I'm in for this season. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, BeenPounding said:

Man.... you all have been ruined by Rhule and Fitt.  Take a moment to look back at areas where we improved and try to grasp on a glimmer of hope and optimism....

Week 18: Jan. 4 or 5 at Atlanta (L) 9 - 8

• Falcons win the division.  We show improvement from much better coaching and offensive line play.  The Huddle is calms down, but like always is not happy.

Full League Prediction:

Prepare the poop emojis!!!!!

I pie this post not because I agree with it but because I appreciate the optimism

31 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I'm too lazy to make my own format so I am stealing yours.

Panthers finish 6-11. Dalton's mediocre performance shows just how bad Young really was. Panthers start the search for the next QB.

I pie this post not because I like it but because I think this is quite a likely scenario unfortunately.

Thanks for posting these without dragging down people that disagree in the process. 

• Pie 1