• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does the Canales era have a new vibe?

31 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

So the Huddle thinks he is either a youth pastor or Ted Bundy. I honestly love it! Let's just hope he can coach in his off time!

This guy right here thinks he's the right guy to get them where they need to be.

1 hour ago, strato said:

We are going to have to hope Tepper keeps his poo together and lets things breathe a while because Canales was hired ‘early’ for HC and they hope he will adapt and grow.  His first test with this QB is a tall order. Hopefully Tepper gets that by now. 

The real reason he is here seems to be the helping QBs rep that he has, plus I guess he handled his first OC job without any big hiccups. His general background also including WRs.. he should be a passing game guy. That understands the power of the run game. 

I think OP was looking for someone to say yes the enthusiasm is back and all that stuff, okay. I think he has much more energy than the last two guys, and seems real smart too, knows what he wants, etc.

I’m hopeful for the long run, at this very early stage.

I don’t think Tepper has a choice this time. Even if Canales looks like Reich he’s gonna have to give him a few years or no coach will come here.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm undecided. He comes off as a Pelaton instructor that's a bit overwhelmed with this football thing. 

Every football answer he has given has been extremely insightful imo. Just saying this cause hes a fit dude imo.

• Beer 1

It's a different vibe for sure. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about and his general plan---that which he tells the world---sounds like a working plan. Reich didn't seem to have a plan, and Rhule's plan was ill-suited for grown men. Reich coached like a zombie---just dead and uninspiring. Rhule thought that he could take his college guys and dominate in the pros, smiled in guys faces and threw them under the bus. His brand of motivation has plays running to a DBO sign. Canales seems to be schooled in motivation, but also believes the stuff he is selling down to his core. We'll see if it holds up.

37 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I don’t think Tepper has a choice this time. Even if Canales looks like Reich he’s gonna have to give him a few years or no coach will come here.

I bet one would. But I hear you and hope he can control himself.

• Beer 1

Guys weren’t exactly beating the doors down to coach here. We’ve got nothing to lose with Canales, I guess. It could have been worse. My concern is that Tepper sees a young guy he can push around. 

I will say that I have been VERY impressed with Morgan,  and that probably means more than a good coach when it all goes down  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

I bet one would. But I hear you and hope he can control himself.

Canales took it himself probably because he couldn’t turn down the money. So far having an owner with limitless cash hasn’t benefited the team in any way

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)

I think it probably would have if he would just get out of his own way.

Stuff like bringing in not just a good one, but the top analytics guy, that could be very helpful down the road. 

Whatever he must be paying Evero probably is on the positive side of what having too much money can help with. I don’t think he’d have necessarily been back without some massaging.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

I think it probably would have if he would just get out of his own way.

Stuff like bringing in not just a good one, but the top analytics guy, that could be very helpful down the road. 

Whatever he must be paying Evero probably is on the positive side of what having too much money can help with. 

Yeah Evero is the only proven one that’s technically worked out. Short term answer at the DC position though  assuming he gets a HC job soon

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, strato said:

We made it to now if he leaves there is compensation. But if Tepper is smart he will match any HC offer and revolutionize the coachihg structure of the NFL.

If we went Defense next for Head Coach I’d trust Evero to have a competent OC and that Evero would at the least be solid with clock management and time outs. I can see Canales’ head spinning and screwing some of that up year 1

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)

I hear you. I think this year for Canales is, or should be, evaluate.  And expend significant energy into that, prioritizing it over being HC. Grow into your role as you go. And Evero was a critical piece to secure in order to allow Canales to focus.

He and Morgan being on the same page is humongous. It could produce with time.

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

. I can see Canales’ head spinning and screwing some of that up year 1

Yeah, I’m not a fan of HC playcallers.   He isn’t even an experienced OC.   Seems like a predictably bad load for him to have on him.  He needs to just be the cheerleader rah rah coach that manages the game.  Basically be Pete Carroll.  

• Beer 1