• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dak Prescott

Dak will be 32 by the time the 2025 season starts and we still won't have a SB contending team built out minus the QB yet.

There is no circumstance where paying him $50 million a year (what it would take to sign him) to come here for a few years and make us a middling team for his time here, never contending and never drafting high enough for elite prospects.

You have to ride out Bryce until we can replace him in the draft or by signing a gap starter until we find that draft pick QB, not a top dollar one already a few years into his 30s.

• Beer 1

Qb’s are overvalued like rb’s have become. Only a handful are worth breaking the bank for, we saw Flacco come in from a temp agency and carve it up because of a great OL and Copper/Njoku. With defenses going smaller and faster, a good OL will completely wall off the qb and create mountain pass rb lanes.

Am I reading this right? We've had awful QB play for over half a decade...and we'd pass on Dak because he has no "clutch gene" or can't get it done in the playoffs--something we haven't sniffed and have no reason to believe we will for years to come?!?

Sorry, but this sounds like a starving man turning down a box of crackers because they're Great Value instead of Ritz. If a Great Value QB is available when you have none, there is no deliberation needed. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, travisura said:

The bidding war for Dak next offseason is going to be insane. We don't need to be a part of that.

scary.  Tepper was offering 78 billion for Watson coming off no football and those charges. 

Dak? Tepper will be like...

dr-evil-on-trillion-dollars-for-apple-ip

and we will be forced to play Jimmy Clausen at RB, Darin Gantt at WR, and a huddler at LT. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

scary.  Tepper was offering 78 billion for Watson coming off no football and those charges. 

Dak? Tepper will be like...

dr-evil-on-trillion-dollars-for-apple-ip

and we will be forced to play Jimmy Clausen at RB, Darin Gantt at WR, and a huddler at LT. 

Put me in coach.

6 minutes ago, travisura said:

Put me in coach.

pump your breaks.  There will be open fan tryouts.  This isn't a complete clownshow.  Best man will win.  #Lookingfordawgs

10 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Am I reading this right? We've had awful QB play for over half a decade...and we'd pass on Dak because he has no "clutch gene" or can't get it done in the playoffs--something we haven't sniffed and have no reason to believe we will for years to come?!?

Sorry, but this sounds like a starving man turning down a box of crackers because they're Great Value instead of Ritz. If a Great Value QB is available when you have none, there is no deliberation needed. 

it's about not wanting to overpay for an old overrated QB who chokes on the regular. it's like a starving man not wanting to pay a million bucks for a pack of moldy crackers when you know that if you hold off a little longer you can find a better cheaper meal that won't make you sick.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Qb’s are overvalued like rb’s have become. Only a handful are worth breaking the bank for, we saw Flacco come in from a temp agency and carve it up because of a great OL and Copper/Njoku. With defenses going smaller and faster, a good OL will completely wall off the qb and create mountain pass rb lanes.

Huh? Running backs ore underpaid whike qbs are overpaid.

I think Prescott is overrated as well. He is a lot better than anything we have. But it is so much money, I’d just steer clear. 

I go withg what Frankw was saying, we need to keep plucking guys with potential from the draft board and cut down lists and one will hit. 

11 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Yeah, if we could make it work, you sign him. All this talk about being a just above average QB is crazy. Dak is a top 10 QB, and his stats prove it. Give him a line and weapons, which we presumably have, and he'll be very good. I'm not going to ding a guy just because he's playing behind a good line and has a good wide receiver (as Dallas does). Dak is highly productive, and gives his team a good look every year.