• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Bryce Young and Dave Canales, the emphasis is on details

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I agree 100%

Enjoyed blackened prime rib from my favorite steak house here in Reno last night.  Thought I'd share with a fellow prime lover. 

20240520_193317.jpg

Check out those veggies @Zod!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CRA said:

sure, but that's equating all 32 owners as doing the same thing in terms of decisions of a roster.  Which we know isn't true.  We know some owners flat out have overruled GMs/HCs on big picks. 

Now, we don't know Tepper did that.  I'm making a guess/assumption that the reporting was correct....and he trumped others inhouse. 

I, honestly don't care. 

If I was a team owner, they'd draft the QB  I wanted. Period.  End of discussion.  This isn't a democracy.  

Edited by pantherclaw

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

I, honestly don't care. 

If I was a team owner, they'd draft the QB  I wanted. Period.  End of discussion.  This isn't a democracy.  

hell, I would do a lot more than that lol.  I'm on the freaking sidelines telling Ron Rivera to go for it or he is fired. 

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I, honestly don't care. 

And that's a problem. What is the owner paying their football people for if not to be the most knowledgeable about football-related decisions/items in their organization? Guess it just depends on what their priority is.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I mean, I think we all acknowledge Bryce Young is a smart kid.  I don't think I have ever even heard the most negative Bryce poster question stuff like this.   It's just can Bryce make the throws needed in said O. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I think we all acknowledge Bryce Young is a smart kid.  I don't think I have ever even heard the most negative Bryce poster question stuff like this.   It's just can Bryce make the throws needed in said O. 

We'll found out if he can make the throws this fall

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, KSpan said:

And that's a problem. What is the owner paying their football people for if not to be the most knowledgeable about football-related decisions/items in their organization? Guess it just depends on what their priority is.

Tepper's priority has been proving he is the smartest guy in the room by making dumb ass decisions that haven t worked out. He is the type of owner that wants all the good praise lapped on him and all the bad praise on his flunkies. 

He wants to be the main reason we win and so far that has resulted in a bunch or 5 wins or less seasons. 

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

Every NFL team owner is going to be a part of the FINIAL decision on any drafted QB that is to be the starting QB and potentially the face of the franchise. 

That's not a problem. That is how it's done. You'd be no different if you owned the Panthers. Don't argue otherwise, because it would be complete bullshit on every level. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Every NFL team owner is going to be a part of the FINIAL decision on any drafted QB that is to be the starting QB and potentially the face of the franchise. 

That's not a problem. That is how it's done. You'd be no different if you owned the Panthers. Don't argue otherwise, because it would be complete bullshit on every level. 

Nowhere did I say an owner shouldn't be/isn't involved at all, so an unnecessary strawman there on your part. Your last paragraph is also idiocy because, as I said in my initial post, it's about priorities. If an owner's priority is to win then they may need to set the ego aside sometimes. Just because 'that's how it's done' doesn't mean it's for the best and some owners are sure better at things than others. Isn't that really the crux of it and what Carolina fans have been living since Tepper took over?

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Nowhere did I say an owner shouldn't be/isn't involved at all, so an unnecessary strawman there on your part. Your last paragraph is also idiocy because, as I said in my initial post, it's about priorities. If an owner's priority is to win then they may need to set the ego aside sometimes. Just because 'that's how it's done' doesn't mean it's for the best and some owners are sure better at things than others. Isn't that really the crux of it and what Carolina fans have been living since Tepper took over?

Perspective is a funny thing. 

I promise you, from Teppers perspective, it's not about ego at all. That is a fans perspective towards a person whom they obviously don't like or admire. 

It's absolutely about priorities.  They listened to everyone they pay money to do their jobs, and put their stamp on the finial decision. 

I know it seems to be a badge of honor to hate the billionaire owner of the team.  I know it's easy to lay all blame at his feet. Why the hell not?. There are no real consequences for being wrong or right in that slanted perspective. 

Richard on approved every QB too, including Cam. Good thing the fans like Cam, or they would have turned on Richardson far sooner then the knowledge of casual Fridays.  

Edited by pantherclaw

On 5/21/2024 at 7:21 PM, pantherclaw said:

Mouth watering, melt in your mouth tender, full of flavor.  

It is a must have every time I come through Reno. 

Ok so, we know Reno, but what restaurant?

Also, while not as good, you could also have a (much more average, but not terrible) steak while riding Amtrak from Reno to SF. If you haven't done that yet, you owe it to yourself. Especially in winter or early spring.

1 minute ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Ok so, we know Reno, but what restaurant?

Also, while not as good, you could also have a (much more average, but not terrible) steak while riding Amtrak from Reno to SF. If you haven't done that yet, you owe it to yourself. Especially in winter or early spring.

The Village Steakhouse in Sparks. Next to the TA Truck stop. 

I refuse to ride amtrak ever again. 

• Pie 1