• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caleb Williams is struggling big time in OTAs

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

constant pressure on the rookie from the Chicago defense. Greenberg said Williams was “under pressure while his receivers (which didn’t include Rome Odunze or Keenan Allen) tried to get open. 

Their defense is going to be pretty good & their O-line is still a problem. Getting those 2 WRs will be a big help and he's just a rookie... in May. It would be absolutely hilarious if he is a spectacular bust after all the poo we had to eat from that miserable fanbase.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He and Young had similar scores from what I remember. 

I think you might have him confused. Young was like a 98 or something near perfect. It was leaked Stroud failed it pretty bad.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/news/ohio-state-buckeyes-football-former-quarterback-cj-stroud-not-a-test-taker-claps-back-s2-cognitive-test-criticisms

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I think you might have him confused. Young was like a 98 or something near perfect. It was leaked Stroud failed it pretty bad.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/news/ohio-state-buckeyes-football-former-quarterback-cj-stroud-not-a-test-taker-claps-back-s2-cognitive-test-criticisms

No I think Stroud was in the mid 90's.  Even Richardson hit 90 plus. It got blown out of proportion like most stories do.

Wasn't Stroud reported to be struggling last year in OTAs or preseason?  these types of reports are dumb 

I would rather have a gamer than a practice warrior

That said, I think Caleb is overrated and he went to a franchise that is notorious for QBs busting

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No I think Stroud was in the mid 90's.  Even Richardson hit 90 plus. It got blown out of proportion like most stories do.

It’s in the article. It was a 18. They came back after his great season and said they think it was an error but too late. The damage was done. It’s why no one mentioned the S2 this year. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s in the article. It was a 18. They came back after his great season and said they think it was an error but too late. The damage was done. It’s why no one mentioned the S2 this year. 

Well what I heard during the combine was very different. It was said that the top 4 was in the 90's with Youngs being the highest. That's why I didn't understand the butthurt from everyone. All 4 had similar measurables with Young being the exception in the height and weight category. That's why Young and Stroud went 1 and 2. Richardson didn't have the playing experience so I can see why he went as qb 3. Levis was just weird in too many ways to take that high. That's how I remember the combine broadcast talk. I was stuck at home so I watched it all and had to listen to all the talk from the knowitalls. 

This means absolutely nothing and we should all know that.

It's OTAs. He's a rookie. The Bears have a brand new offensive coordinator and a bunch of new players on the offense. Williams has barely had any time to work with his teammates yet.

Fun fact, former Panthers coach Eric Washington is their DC. He helped develop some very good defensive lineman for the Panthers. The Bears defense is also returning a good number of their starters including Montez Sweat who had a career season last year.

The Bears will probably be a fun team to watch next year. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

This means absolutely nothing and we should all know that.

It's OTAs. He's a rookie. The Bears have a brand new offensive coordinator and a bunch of new players on the offense. Williams has barely had any time to work with his teammates yet.

Fun fact, former Panthers coach Eric Washington is their DC. He helped develop some very good defensive lineman for the Panthers. The Bears defense is also returning a good number of their starters including Montez Sweat who had a career season last year.

The Bears will probably be a fun team to watch next year. 

Oh, they'll be fun to watch even if Williams is a disaster. His playing style is still going to lead to great casual entertainment.

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well what I heard during the combine was very different. It was said that the top 4 was in the 90's with Youngs being the highest. That's why I didn't understand the butthurt from everyone. All 4 had similar measurables with Young being the exception in the height and weight category. That's why Young and Stroud went 1 and 2. Richardson didn't have the playing experience so I can see why he went as qb 3. Levis was just weird in too many ways to take that high. That's how I remember the combine broadcast talk. I was stuck at home so I watched it all and had to listen to all the talk from the knowitalls. 

I think you're just not remembering accurately. That's not an attack on you, human memory is very fallible.

But yeah, Stroud tanking the S2 was a HUGE deal leading up to last year's draft and largely the talk of the Combine.

The S2 folks have been trying hard to spin his results as "potentially invalid".