• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Foxhole: Norwood a DPR

scpanther22

On rookie defensive end/linebacker Eric Norwood: He's a DPR - designated pass rusher - for sure. When I think of Eric the thing I think of is motor. He's relentless to the ball. He's got a good first step in his pass rush. He's built pretty strong. Even though he might be a little short in stature he's pretty well put together and he's got extremely good explosion.

On if Norwood will play more defensive end or linebacker: A little bit of both right now. I think the more a guy can do the better. He'll be an integral part of the kicking game as well as pass rushing in passing situations. We're putting him at linebacker to utilize some of his abilities there as a pass rusher when we do bring him.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Foxhole-Norwood-a-DPR/c4316ebe-a3a8-440c-becd-dc5a8d79b71a

Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis just knows. Every once in awhile, he said, a rookie will join the team and he knows right away that guy is going to be an impact player.

Davis already has that feeling about fourth-round draft pick Eric Norwood.

“Definitely, he’s that type of guy,” Davis said emphatically. “Even without the pads on there are some guys you just look at watch and you know right away, hey, this guy is going to be a player. And I think Eric is going to be one of those guys. I have no doubt about it.”

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=479:rookie-norwoods-athletic-ability-has-panthers-gushing-about-his-potential&catid=1:articles

The guy will single handily win us the Super Bow.

lolwut?

Lets give the guy some credit sure... but that's a bit of a stretch don't ya think?

How are his pass rushing skills going to help when we face a tough running team, or a short passing game like Brees/Brady?

If we win the Superbowl (hell, if we even make it that far), I'd say it was from improved consistent QB play before giving the cred to our Pass Rush.

lolwut?

Lets give the guy some credit sure... but that's a bit of a stretch don't ya think?

How are his pass rushing skills going to help when we face a tough running team, or a short passing game like Brees/Brady?

If we win the Superbowl (hell, if we even make it that far), I'd say it was from improved consistent QB play before giving the cred to our Pass Rush.

No way. If we win, it will be as a result of Eric Norwood alone.

lolwut?

hyperbole

Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis just knows. Every once in awhile, he said, a rookie will join the team and he knows right away that guy is going to be an impact player.

Davis already has that feeling about fourth-round draft pick Eric Norwood.

“Definitely, he’s that type of guy,” Davis said emphatically. “Even without the pads on there are some guys you just look at watch and you know right away, hey, this guy is going to be a player. And I think Eric is going to be one of those guys. I have no doubt about it.”

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=479:rookie-norwoods-athletic-ability-has-panthers-gushing-about-his-potential&catid=1:articles

Archived