• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King's best QB out of 2007 class

twylyght

Half of the coaches in the NFC East -- Wade Phillips, Andy Reid -- are teetotalers.

This is not to say Tom Coughlin or Mike Shanahan are heavy drinkers. They're not -- not at all. Coughlin likes a good Bordeaux, Shanahan an occasional Corona. I just find it interesting that in the rough-and-tumble NFC East, the coaches in Philadelphia and Dallas (where quite a few adult beverages are consumed) eschew all alcohol and favor diet cola (Phillips) and water (Reid).

I just lost all respect for Mike Shanahan.

The numbers don't lie. Matt Moore's poise is what really impresses me though. Even when he had to play before he was even close to being ready, back in 2007, it was clear that he wasn't afraid of it. I will always remember that first completion to Keary Colbert, of all people, when he came in for David Carr against the Saints. What a cool way to get your career started.

The numbers don't lie. Matt Moore's poise is what really impresses me though. Even when he had to play before he was even close to being ready, back in 2007, it was clear that he wasn't afraid of it. I will always remember that first completion to Keary Colbert, of all people, when he came in for David Carr against the Saints. What a cool way to get your career started.

What impresses me the most about Moore, is his footwork, and he rarely gets happy feet. I realize this is also part of his poise, but so many people don't understand how important good footwork is. Anybody who questions it, needs to watch one of the many specials the NFL network does on Bill Walsh.

What impresses me the most about Moore, is his footwork, and he rarely gets happy feet. I realize this is also part of his poise, but so many people don't understand how important good footwork is. Anybody who questions it, needs to watch one of the many specials the NFL network does on Bill Walsh.

I couldn't agree more. Footwork is probably the most overlooked part of the skill set when people are evaluating QB's. Even a lot of experts seem to forget this sometimes. That's why a guy like JaMarcus Russell gets drafted #1 overall.

In fact, I'm convinced that the best talent evaluators look at footwork first at almost every position. I don't care if a guy is an OG, DT, WR, TE, or a DB, if they don't have good feet, and, specifically, a good first step on the offensive side, they probably can't play at a high level consistently.

Like stated in the article though he likely will not be the top guy stat-wise or win-wise after this season. Moore has been doing great but Kolb fell into an amazing situation. Philly has been as steady as they come over the last decade or so and he has a ton of weapons to work with. Jackson is a home run waiting to happen and McCoy will be much improved on the ground and they have a very opportunistic defense that will win games for them.

Basically, he will end up, most likely, with a better winning percentage soon because of the type of team he landed on.

Plus, look at those names. Quinn landed in a terrible spot and I don't think any QB would have succeeded in Cleveland over the past five or so years.

Looking at the stats, with the lack of playing time as a whole for that group, it may have been one of the weakest overall crop of QBs to come into the league in a long time, if not ever. There is no standout.

Not to deny Moore anything, he has earned his shot to start in this league, but it isn't shocking that he is currently sitting on top of that chart.

Like stated in the article though he likely will not be the top guy stat-wise or win-wise after this season. Moore has been doing great but Kolb fell into an amazing situation. Philly has been as steady as they come over the last decade or so and he has a ton of weapons to work with. Jackson is a home run waiting to happen and McCoy will be much improved on the ground and they have a very opportunistic defense that will win games for them.

Basically, he will end up, most likely, with a better winning percentage soon because of the type of team he landed on.

Plus, look at those names. Quinn landed in a terrible spot and I don't think any QB would have succeeded in Cleveland over the past five or so years.

Looking at the stats, with the lack of playing time as a whole for that group, it may have been one of the weakest overall crop of QBs to come into the league in a long time, if not ever. There is no standout.

Not to deny Moore anything, he has earned his shot to start in this league, but it isn't shocking that he is currently sitting on top of that chart.

Kolb doesn't have any vets around him on offense. Philly should likely have a down year this season. Philly has been steady b/c of McNabb. Most have the Eagles projected finishing somewhere similar to Carolina (they probably get a NFCE bump).....but Carolina offensively is probably better for young QB than Philly. Philly D is better.

Archived