• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Omfg!!! No football next year?!!

philp

I was walking on Lafayette today grabbing lunch and I saw a big poster on a building promoting Thurs Sept 9 NFL kickoff with Dave Matthews Band and one of the girl country singers... with either NBC or CBS and Coors sponsors amongst others on it. The big boys plan on starting the season as normal... I hope.

its actually related to football, this budget that should've been passed last year is being held up over abortion funding(over 90% of PP multi-billion dollar industry). Planned Parenthood was founded by Margaret Sanger with the stated objective of 'exterminating the black population', which is why their abortion clinics are strategically placed in inner cities around the country.

and thus deprive us of the opportunity to draft and be entertained by Cam newton

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the ***** population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

- Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood founder

Planned Parenthood is not a fan of Cam Newton

really guy you know this is just a dick measuring contest right? aint nobodies family going to starve

This. However if this shutdown is as nasty as it is threatening to be, there is going to be a SERIOUS drop in morale.

As a veteran, I know that most military members could give a fug less what happens to them physically (i.e. push ups, 24 hour shifts) as long as they get that check.

Lets see how the re-enlistment and recruiting rate goes NOW.

You will see a lot of AWOL, suicide threats, and nasty uproars if these guys don't get paid. They deserve their money!

really guy you know this is just a dick measuring contest right? aint nobodies family going to starve

Well being current military they must measure up evenly because our LES's (pay stubbs) already reflect only 8 days of pay instead of the 1st through the 15th that it normally does for mid- month pay.

I am vet myself, I know this sucks. But, the troops will get paid. It may be a week on the 15th and the other 3 weeks on the 1st. Single service members and married ones in the field have the basics covered. The married ones, will have to prioritize, which sucks (I know). Creditors/utilities/land lords typically work with military families in situations like these. I was in during the 1995 shutdown, we were told the same thing and we were paid correctly because it only lasted 6 days (and fell right during the month).

To bad politics have to played on everything, this budget should have been passed on Sept 30th, last year. It was an election year, tho...

Here is some info on this last one and what may happen on this one:

"However, if the shutdown lasts past Tuesday, the senior defense official said, the Pentagon is making plans to have an emergency payday and troops may not have to wait until May 1."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/08/military.shutdown.pay/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Archived