• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to draft Cam Newton

venom

Not trying to "look good" or "impress" anyone...just thought i'd come on here and share some significant news from what i consider to be a very reliable source, that is all.

You've obviously not been around for a while. Cam Newton is a very touchy subject here with some folks. Especially anything that suggests he's in line to be our pick.

It's all good. 15 days and Cam will be selling tickets and jerseys in Charlotte like they're going out of business. Anyone who doesn't like it can just buy a ticket to protest at a game, then buy a jersey at the game to defile. All part of the master plan.

2 things:

1) did you see Josh Freeman running last year against the Panthers??? But according to you a 6-6 guy can't do that in the NFL??? Hmmm....

2) draft a pro-style QB with good value that we can develop...wow that sounds awfully familiar to what we did last year. Hmmmm....

You are beginning to lose some credibility here.

hahahahahahahaha... BEGINNING.... TOO LATE

This is a bonafide hater. Probably a Bama Alum or maybe a student.

I am very passionate about Newton. I think he is going to be something special and the Carolina Faithful are going to be pleased. However, my passion comes from the positive side of his game. His drive to win, his leadership and his proven track record of being a winner.

I can tell you that not many college kids that come from the Division II Championship team go on to a National Championship team. And much less being the STAR player for both teams.

IF Cam is going to be the pick (I said IF because I am not speculating what the Panthers will do), it will not be from hype.

Our FO has worked him out extensively....given him part the playbook to be graded on....met with him numerous times.

If from all of this he is drafted, it will be because Rivera/Hurney/Shula/etc believe that he is the franchise QB that we need.

The Panthers have done their homework on this guy. I see him as a risk....but if our staff believes in him then he is my guy (they surely know more about evaluating talent than I do).

IF Cam is going to be the pick (I said IF because I am not speculating what the Panthers will do), it will not be from hype.

Our FO has worked him out extensively....given him part the playbook to be graded on....met with him numerous times.

If from all of this he is drafted, it will be because Rivera/Hurney/Shula/etc believe that he is the franchise QB that we need.

The Panthers have done their homework on this guy. I see him as a risk....but if our staff believes in him then he is my guy (they surely know more about evaluating talent than I do).

No doubt. I don't think they are going to be overwhelmed by his charm. The Front Office has not missed on a First Rounder during the Hurney watch. As you said they have done their homework. I am sure of it.

I seriously doubt that one of our members is actually part of the draft team and they report what the Huddle has to say. Then again we do have brothers, cousin, uncle, half-brother that is married to the cheerleader who's husband rides the same bus as Hurney's #1 maid.

If someone on a web board has inside info on the number 1 draft pick, then the Panthers are officially the worst run organization in the NFL.

Of course, it's easy to say you have inside info when the odds favor your claim.

Lots of people had "inside info" four months ago that Andrew Luck would be the #1 pick lol...

Im dating a girl that lives in La Quinta. I would guess that most people don't know where Palm Desert is either. Probably easier to say Palm Springs. Its only a few miles away.

My dad works at the BeerHunter there. He told me Uncle Johnny John (that's what we in the family call him) said we weren't taking Newton so I don't know how much realer it can get.

He said we're taking Dareus.

He also told me he hates Clausen and if Moore isn't resigned here he'd love to have him in Denver. He also named a few other guys on the Panthers they will be making plays for but some are under contract right now, mostly on the defensive side of the ball. Will make a big play for D Will

Im glad they came up with the playbook idea. That was pretty neat.

Archived