• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the silliest football question you have ever been asked?

Brokenbad

When I was little, my Dad taped a New York Jets game on TV...

My cousin came over and I was watching the game, and he said "Whoa, what is this?"

I said "Dad taped the Jets game!"

My cousin said "Man, he must have had GREAT seats!"

*sigh*.... true story.

"Why dont they just throw the ball through the goal posts and get 3 points every time?" My gf .. true story

had an ex ask me that too.

not silliest, but saddest:

"why is #17 throwing the ball to the other team?" during a certain playoff game I try to forget :(

When I was little, my Dad taped a New York Jets game on TV...

My cousin came over and I was watching the game, and he said "Whoa, what is this?"

I said "Dad taped the Jets game!"

My cousin said "Man, he must have had GREAT seats!"

*sigh*.... true story.

homer_facepalm.jpg

"Why dont they just throw the ball through the goal posts and get 3 points every time?" My gf .. true story

Yep, my girl asked me why we didn't just throw it out of bounds on a punt, this was a super bowl conversation... LOL

Girls have the funniest questions, at least old poeple are senile sports and some girls just don't mesh. Give the answer "it's just the way it is" (such as justifying being only allowed to kick it instead of throwing it) and it's like you're talking in a foreign language.

Conversations to stay away from with oblivious girlfriends during a game.

1. Explaining extra points and two point conversions.

2. Safeties

3. Downs and the line of scrimmage

4. All special team activities (difference between kickoffs, punts and field goals)

5. Cheerleaders

Conversations should be based around the QB, RB and WR. No other position (linebacker, cornerback, gaurd) should really be mentioned. Who throws it, who catches it andwho runs with it. Defense is just about stopping the progression, leave it at THAT.

My girl knows nothing of onside kicks and I'd like to keep it that way.

My wife's sister asked me how many "outs" there were in football.

She was also at a football BBQ once and me and my friends were bitching about our corners getting burned during the game and she turned to us and asked "Wait, Quarterbacks play defense also?"

Archived