• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Landon Johnson returning

slumdogmillionaire

Can't say I'm that excited about this.

Happy the team is saving money, but it's not like Johnson contributed much last season.

Maybe they think Richard Smith can get more out of him.

Edit: Wanted to say that this doesn't excite me that much either. That being said....

He's a talented LB though.

I don't know why so many expected him to just come onto the team and take a starting LB spot away when our starting group is what it is.

No reason to cut him, when the savings from cutting him can be done by restructuring. They invested in this kid for a reason. Don't think he's done yet.

He's a talented LB though.

I don't know why so many expected him to just come onto the team and take a starting LB spot away when our starting group is what it is.

No reason to cut him, when the savings from cutting him can be done by restructuring. They invested in this kid for a reason. Don't think he's done yet.

I admit I was very wrong about this one last offseason. I thought he was a pretty talented player when I watched him play for the Bengals and thought that Diggs was on his way out due to his age, but that obviously was not the case. Looks like he may have been the best of a bad bunch in Cincy, but he deserves a second chance if the price is right (which it appears to be).

Great news. I'm glad they managed to keep him around. He's a solid backup, and that's an understatement.

Let's look at his last two years as a starter with Cinci, and compare that with Diggs and Davis's last two years as starters in Carolina:

Landon Johnson ('06 + '07 in Cinci):

223 tackles, 3 FF, 1 INT, 1.5 sacks

Na'il Diggs ('07 + '08):

112 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT, 4.5 sacks

Thomas Davis ('07 + '08):

201 tackles, 4 FF, 1 INT, 6.5 sacks

Linebackers and O-line are our strongest units. For a run-first, stop-the-run team...seems appropriate.

mr beauxjangles johnson was a healthy scratch for most of the year.

it's pretty clear he phoned it in after the payday.

First of all, we play football not hockey - it's called "inactive."

Second, Landon Johnson was only inactive for one game last season (Week 12 vs. the Falcons).

He didn't play much, but that doesn't mean he isn't a solid backup.

Archived