• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lion looking to trade #1 overall

scpanther22

Pep and our 2nd for it?

Bam, we get our QB of the future and save money by getting rid of Pep and not having a second.

Why the hell would we draft a QB with a number 1 overall pick? Stafford is not a number 1. IF we got the number one overall and IF we were not able to trade down, we would be wise to take Orapko to take Pepper's place

I wouldn't even trade for the 1st overall unless I got a packaged deal for both first round picks or I already had a deal in place to trade back down with it.

Pick it up with next years first, 2nd and a 4th rounder this year, then trade back to like 18th spot and pick back up a 1st this year and one next year, and a 2nd. Then trade Peppers to a team for a pick around 16th - 20th, 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder. Adding 2 first this year, an extra 3rd, and 5th rounder this year as well. While swapping 2nd's this year and first's this year. Only pick we really give up is a 4th rounder this year and Peppers.

Why the hell would we draft a QB with a number 1 overall pick? Stafford is not a number 1. IF we got the number one overall and IF we were not able to trade down, we would be wise to take Orapko to take Pepper's place

Don't really know how you can say Stafford is not worthy of the #1 pick. From everything I have heard and read he is extremely dedicated, very smart, and has all of the physical tools. You never know until you get the QB into camp and on the field but he is about as good a prospect as has come out at that position. It will all depend on the environment he can get into...ours would be conducive to making him a great QB. The point is moot tho considering we would never trade into that spot. What would the price tag even be for it tho??

Or, you could trade to the 1st pick and overall trade it back to get more picks :-D

That sounds interesting. This draft seems like a sleeper draft. Not too many top talents, but tons of potential with the likely 2-4 rounders.

Don't really know how you can say Stafford is not worthy of the #1 pick. From everything I have heard and read he is extremely dedicated, very smart, and has all of the physical tools. You never know until you get the QB into camp and on the field but he is about as good a prospect as has come out at that position. It will all depend on the environment he can get into...ours would be conducive to making him a great QB. The point is moot tho considering we would never trade into that spot. What would the price tag even be for it tho??

Stafford might be worth a number one overall for someone, but we would be stupid if we did take him there. But you also have to keep in mind that "extremely dedicated, very smart, and has all of the physical tools," is pretty much exactly what was said about Alex Smith. It's a seller's market for QBs right now, and it's just not worth the risk. We went to the Super Bowl with an undrafted; we're not the kind of team that needs a Peyton Manning to succeed. And while I would love a Peyton Manning, a number one overall can turn into a Jamarcus Russel just as easily. It's just not a smart time to be drafting a QB #1 overall unless your franchise has nothing to lose, like the Lions at this point.

no one will bite. dolphins tried it last year. you could get a good 3 or 4 extra picks from it but no one wants to pay the price. it just isn't worth it. not only would you have to give up a ton to the other team but you would have to pay out a ton on a high risk/high price prospect.

lions know that stafford could drop to probably 10th if they don't take him (no one else needs a QB that badly in the top 10) and there is no reason that you should have to pay that kind of money to one person when you could get them for a much cheaper rate (probably $2-4mil/year) about an hour or two later.

their needs are so great in so many areas....this sounds like a no brainer but it's highly unlikely that it will work.

Archived