• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty's taking the WRs with him to Hawaii

Cat

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2012/01/smith-taking-teammates-to-hawaii.html

Veteran wideout Steve Smith, who earned his fifth Pro Bowl berth last week, surprised the team's receivers by telling him he was paying for them to come to Honolulu with him. Smith, who finished fifth in the league with 1,394 receiving yards, said his teammates did not believe him initially.

“They kind of looked at each other, and I said, 'I'm serious,'” Smith said. “Once they got the call from my travel agent, they kind of knew it was for real.”

Smith surpassed Mushin Muhammad this season as the franchise leader in receptions (699) and receiving yards (10,278). But he said his success was a group effort.

“All those guys ran routes to get me open. At times they took it for the team and ran some clear-out routes for me,” Smith said. “For me to sit here and say I did it on my own and all that stuff, it's unfair. This is an opportunity for me to thank them and enjoy as a group the success that we all played a part in.”

Archived