• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agent Linebackers

Eazy-E

Panthers are obviously in need of some depth at the linebacker position. I would think at least 1 or 2 guys will be brought in via free agency. Who are some realistic players we could potentially bring in?

I would like to see if we could bring in Manny Lawson. He signed a one year deal last year and has not been resigned by the Bengals. He used to play in San Fran's 3-4 and played in a 4-3 last year so he seems to be just what Rivera is looking for.

I also wouldn't mind taking a look at Erin Henderson and Ernie Sims.

We don't need just depth, we need guys who can start if and when they are needed. And I think they might be unless things go better than expected. And lets be honest, when is the last time that we got a bunch of breaks and haven't had many injuries.

I want Erin Henderson. Hard. I think he's a soon-to-be star (as much as a 4-3 OLB can be).

"The Vikings are discussing a two- or three-year contract with free agent WLB Erin Henderson.

Minnesota is seriously interested in retaining Henderson to book end SLB Chad Greenway. The Vikings also need a new middle linebacker, although Jasper Brinkley is an in-house option. Henderson, just a one-year starter and two-down defender last season, shouldn't command more than $3-4 million per year. "

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/If_Vikings_get_their_way_Erin_Henderson_wont_hit_freeagent_market030612

Doubt he hits the open market

Archived