• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt takes position with PFT

Darth Biscuit

This is what I was thinking as well. Either PFT got more credible, or Gantt is no longer credible. Don't know which way to lean.

99% of what PFT does is post links to other peoples articles.....how much credibility do you need to do that?

Yes, I realize some of it is speculative BS to rile up people to get more clicks and ad revenue but that part is so obvious you can filter it out.

I think the PFT hate comes from Florio's (often dumb) commentary... when they just report the news, they're pretty good.

I think Gantt's presence will increase their quality not decrease his... he's a good reporter. Hell his updates on twitter were usually way better than the normal Panthers stuff online.

we will finally see if Gantt is a reporter at all.

as a beat writer he traded loyalty for leaks = truly lame and totally filtered, white hat reporting

as a whatever the hell he was after that he was a bitter twitter with a bit of an axe to grind = less filtered, grey hat info. dump

as a PFT source we will see his chops. PFT is a black hat prognosticating bottom feeder who has to take risk to generate respect. I am not optimistic for him in this arena but it is up to him to show us what kind of true skill he has as an independent pundit.

Archived