• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

your starting LBing group and their starting positions

La Pantera

your starting LBing group and their starting position  

109 members have voted

1. 1. whos your group

• Kuechly-Beason-Anderson
    • Kuechly-Beason-Davis
    • Beason-Kuechly-Anderson
    • Beason-Kuechly-Davis
    • Davis-Beason-Anderson
    • Davis-Beason-Kuechly
    • Davis-Kuechly-Anderson

I look at it this way. Most everyone can agree Beason is a top 5 MLB ( top 2 IMO) and Kuechly has the "potential" to be a to in the top 5.

Now as far as the outside position goes, Kuechly has the "potential" to be a top 5 guy. While I think Beason falls out of that category.

IMO Kuechly as the WILL and Beason as the MIKE would be getting the best out of both players.

Who would you rather have in coverage,on Jimmy Graham? Beason or Kuechly?

I see no reason why Beason lacks potential to be a top OLB.

Luke has a better skill set to play MLB than Beason.

in zone schemes....the MLB most often covers the middle where TEs roam.

Davis hurt his leg early I'm camp. Beason had plenty of time to learn the position...its really no different now, if he's been playin MIKE through out OTAs and mini-camp then they decide to switch him early on in TC. Beason just isn't the same player at WLB and that's not a knock on him. I actually think Davis (when healthy) is better WLB than Beason could be.

I just think it is unfair to use that one year as proof Beason can't excell at OLB.

Beason is the one who admitted to freelancing too much and not playing the OLB spot like he should....not a talent issue.

Luke is going to be our MLB going forward and Beason will move. He projects to be better than Beason at that spot. No point in really delaying the process for either IMO if Luke is ready. The fact Beason is coming off his injury just cements that.

I think once people see Luke in pads against completion people will continue to slowly realize exactly what we drafted....our MLB

People forget that Beason was drafted to be an OLB and the only reason he's playing the Mike is because of the injury problems that Morgan had. Beason was also an OLB at Miami.

Don't think anyone has forgotten that. But I doesn't change the fact that he's a top 5 MLB and he's played that spot since 2007 and the time he spent at WLB wasn't anything to brag about.

Don't think anyone has forgotten that. But I doesn't change the fact that he's a top 5 MLB and he's played that spot since 2007 and the time he spent at WLB wasn't anything to brag about.

He was moved to WLB if given a full off season there he will excel, Keuchly is going to be a beast and is better suited to defend the middle because of his height.

Both Kuechly and Beason will start in the middle during the preseason. Who starts in the middle game 1 depends on who plays the best. The other guy will go to Will. You can't say one or the other will start in the middle with any certainty until you see them both play. I suspect McDermott and Rivera don't know yet. They want to put the best combination out there regardless of egos.

Both Kuechly and Beason will start in the middle during the preseason. Who starts in the middle game 1 depends on who plays the best. The other guy will go too Will. You can't intelligently say one or the other will start in the middle until you see them both play. I suspect McDermott and Rivera don't know yet.

Totally agree with this. It'll be a competition, to see who gets the spot. As it should be. Nobody should just be handed the spot.

IMO, until Keuchly has the communication skills of Beast. He will not be making a permanent move to Mike. It may be inevitable, but it will take some time. More to being vocal than just yaking. He has to know the playbook in and out, he has to recognize defenses, and he has to earn the respect. That takes time. And fortunately, we are in a position to allow him that option.

Beast may some day lose his Mike, and it may even be this year. But Luke will have to improve his communication skills.

IMO, until Keuchly has the communication skills of Beast. He will not be making a permanent move to Mike. It may be inevitable, but it will take some time. More to being vocal than just yaking. He has to know the playbook in and out, he has to recognize defenses, and he has to earn the respect. That takes time. And fortunately, we are in a position to allow him that option.

Beast may some day lose his Mike, and it may even be this year. But Luke will have to improve his communication skills.

That assumes that the Mike has to make the calls on the field which isn't necessarily the case. When Kuechly was in the middle and Beason was at Will in OTAs, Beason still called the base defense and told everyone where to play.

Archived