• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone a fan of D-Will on Facebook? He is getting flamed bad...

Hotsauce

Guys quick update on the Colorado shooter, he's actually not that bad, turns out he was way into organic foods, so that's a big plus. And he never listened to rap music, which we whites can all appeciate. He was totally into yoga, and had a profile on christianmingle.com, so all in all not a bad guy. Let's just hope he get's an all white jury that understands he's really only a suspect, an all around nice guy, and most importantly, a fellow white.

Somebody post the video of DWill breaking one off against the Saints* last year. End thread, that's all I need to see. Who gives a crap about a players political or societal views. Get first downs, score TDd, win games. You do that, I will yell my ass off for you at games. At least he didn't cheat on the field like Saints* players.

I saw DeAngelo's facebook post yesterday and I didn't feel the need to comment, although I figured it would generate some interesting discussion... seemed to me like he was just posting it for discussion not that he was saying he believed it... he has a huge following so there's bound to be a lot of feedback from people.

Like SCP said, meh, who cares... he's entitled to his opinions just like everyone else is.

People that truly get angry and upset over something like this are simply incapable of having mature conversations with people with differing opinions. So many racial (and other) problems we have are cause by a lack of communication- because a lot of people are wildly opinionated and incapable of having rational discussions on sensitive topics. Its a shame

From what I saw, Deangelo was trying to discuss the topic of media bias and race with, as others have pointed out, a fairly inaccurate pic from the internet. So the fug what? Its not the first time I've seen something stupid posted on the internet, but immature people over-react to that sort of thing. I'm sure it will blow over in a week or so (unless Deangelo is stupid and keeps responding to those people

HP ran an article about something that happened on abc and reported that the network issued a retraction and apology in the original piece. they were not the source of the claim at all. what would huffington post issue a retraction and apology for?

fox news covered the story too. should they issue a retraction and apology?

http://www.foxnews.c...uspect-tied-to/

We tried to explain this to him in the Tinderbox but he just flipped out even more. MadHatter tends to live entirely in his own made-up reality, it's best to just be gentle with it.

Honestly I could careless what the man say on his own facebook so long as it does not affect his job on the field. So long as he can carry the ball, get yards , and do his job. He can say what ever he wants on his own FB page. That is his personal opinion and that is the end of that. So long as he keeps it on his FB and keep it off the Field.

why do people continue to blithely insist that posting that graphic = "making the issue about race"?

there is a huge difference between saying that the shooting itself was mostly about racial conflict, and saying that racial bias in the media is an interesting subject which we can discuss with the shooting as a relevant case example.

how does nobody get this? is it just easier to be offended and get all up-in-arms?

I work for a major news outlet in the Charlotte area and I can assure you that the Media is not your friend. I'm reluctant to give out any personal information here but this time it's worthy of being disclosed.

The media isn't here to guide you, help you, and 99% of the time they can't be trusted.

They are a business entity and they are here to make as much money as possible.

Ratings = Money. Higher ratings= More they can charge for commercials.

I've seen it first hand.

Go watch the complete, utterly disgusting nonsense Fox News and Rush Limbaugh spew out on a daily business. Fox is the least credible news source of them all and along with the bullshit Rush says, I'm 100% certain that at least half the people who watch/listen to these morons just listen because they hate them and can't wait to hear what they say next so they can get mad and complain.

why do people continue to blithely insist that posting that graphic = "making the issue about race"? there is a huge difference between saying that the shooting itself was mostly about racial conflict, and saying that racial bias in the media is an interesting subject which we can discuss with the shooting as a relevant case example. how does nobody get this? is it just easier to be offended and get all up-in-arms?

I understand where you are coming from and you are hitting on some deep stuff. Sadly, most of the people probably can't comprehend the point you are trying to make.

The media should have mentioned what happened and gave condolences. The fact that they are sensationalizing this evil act encourages people to go out and do this again. Whether good or bad, the guy now has a place in American history and this is a global story. We're so concerned as a society about how sick this person was is due to the fact that we need someone to make us feel better about ourselves.

The guy who did this (who appeared in court today with orange hair) is a ratings machine and these media outlets aren't going to kill a cash cow. If the police would have just shot the guy on the spot, I doubt we would be hearing about this as much. Sad.

Archived