• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/15 training camp twitter thread

GolfRasta

Sorry I guess you're just so use to me questioning your opinion.

I actually agree that Luke should be getting the reps in the middle, but last week when I brought that idea up I was flamed and was told that would be "robbing" him of reps at LOLB.

meh.

the discussion was on whether or not he should be getting reps in anticipation of the preseason game since beason was going to be out. most people said (flamed you, i that's how you prefer to see it) that that it didn't make sense for that to happen... esp. for that first preseason game in which he was only going to be getting a few minutes in anyway.

he needs to have as much experience at the position he's going to be playing this season and act as if beason is going to be there when it matters (which i haven't heard anything to the contrary).

if it looks like beason is going to be out any significant time (and i don't consider these past couple weeks of preseason/TC to be significant time) then it would make sense for kuechly to get more reps in at the middle.

week 3, when the starters get more PT, if beason isn't playing the whole time then maybe it would help for kuechly to go inside.

These camp threads have continued,to have less and less info in them. WTH is up with that? Give us some info,you damn reporters.

I kinda got my expectations back up because yesterday's thread was pretty exciting. Today was just poo. At least we know Norman can keep up with Armanti!

I am not wanting him rushed back. If that is the case....I simply want Luke to gets reps at MLB now.

That way week 1 we will be ready if he isn't.

Would much rather him be learning SAM to be honest. Anderson looked Uggggly in his first game. Much rather have Luke Trailing a TE then Anderson. The Mike spot in the NFL is not much different then college so sliding him in a Mike would not be much of a change. The only difference is the coverages and audibles and he was already calling those in the first game.

Would much rather him be learning SAM to be honest. Anderson looked Uggggly in his first game. Much rather have Luke Trailing a TE then Anderson. The Mike spot in the NFL is not much different then college so sliding him in a Mike would not be much of a change. The only difference is the coverages and audibles and he was already calling those in the first game.

yeah but it is about your best 3 combo being on the field. If Beason is out of the equation. TD/Luke/Anderson is it.

Joe Person

about an hour ago

Panthers CB Captain Munnerlyn happy to play nickel, but isn't planning on giving up starting job despite Josh Norman's emergence this week.

"I'm never going to be a part-time, third-down player. I've got high standards for myself," Munnerlyn said.

"I know we've got other corners stepping up, making plays. But I have real high standards for myself and I don't plan on letting this job go any time soon."

Carolina Panthers

about an hour ago

Jon Beason wants to play in the Jets preseason game.

Joe Person

about 2 hours ago

Panthers WR Steve Smith says retention of offense better than 2011 camp, when team was force-fed Rob Chudzinski's playbook after lockout.

Joe Person

about 2 hours ago

Panthers LB Jon Beason, out w/ hamstring injury, says he'd like to play 3rd preseason game vs. Jets. Failing that, he's shooting for Week 1 at Tampa Bay.

Carolina Panthers

about 5 hours ago

Tannehill clearly got more reps with the 1’s today. If he starts Friday night, Sean McDermott’s Defense should be VERY excited to take the field Friday against the Dolphins.

Joe Person

about 21 hours ago

#Panthers rookie CB Josh Norman is what reporters call "good copy." Today Norman referred to Panthers defense as "the stepchild" to Cam Newton-led offense. And said "the stepchild won" practice.

Archived