• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

STOP BLAMING THE COACHING STAFF

Panthersfan704

if roddy doesn't haul in that 66 yard pass that sets up the field goal ron rivera and the staff is hailed as a trifecta of geniuses that came in with a game plan and executed to perfection, punching the falcons in the mouth

honestly reminds me of the panthers/saints game in 08 in the dome when smitty caught that desperation heave that set up the kasay FG for the win. it sucks being on the opposite end of that.

btw the next year they fixed their defense to compliment a potent big play offense and went to the superbowl

Last I checked, the coaches call in the plays that are to be executed. Last I checked, coaches are the ones who decide who starts and plays each game. Last I checked, coaches decide to go for it on 4th and 1 for the win, or punt it away like gutless wonders.

Yeah.. I blame the coaches on this loss. The players executed today, with the exception of a few individuals.

Allowing the Falcons to convert that long pass goes squarely on the shoulders of the Defense (DBs for allowing the pass... the Line for not getting pressure in their friggin endzone!). However, considering we should have had more help for the guy they'd been picking on all day long for huge chunks of yardage shows me we didn't adjust yet again to the situation. And that... falls directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

We haven't stopped anyone through three games, allow at least 30 points every game, Ryan has a truckload of yards, White has had a monster game, Turner is probably still running free in the parking lot.. you know what? I feel good about our defense. Punt it.

Coaches:

1. for 4 weeks now, the run option has failed and it will continue to fail.

2. the Atlanta defense is soft up the middle and fast laterally, I know, let's run the option off the tackles

3. refusal to run the I formation more than a few times when it clearly worked.

4. put Newton under center, or in simple shotgun and let him be a QB.

5. Defense. Today, CJ and Keek were are best players. Under no circumstance should Keek come off the field.

6 Defense. Beason is clearly hurt. He should not be playing

7 Defense. sure would have been nice to have seen a little pressure or a blitz on Ryan in that endzone.

Attitude:

1. of the 3 parts to the team, the offense is better than the defense. The playmakers are on the o side of the ball.

go for it, nothing to lose and everything to gain, take your 6' 6 " 260 lb QB and tell him to dug under Kalil's butt for 3 feet' and

game over.

2. The Panthers defense is not the Ravens, Steelers, 49ers and who on this board did not think the ending was going to be this

way.

3. Give the playmakers the chance to win the game...not the other teams playmakers.

4. oh yeah, particularly liked the clock management and 'give up before half time'.

if roddy doesn't haul in that 66 yard pass that sets up the field goal ron rivera and the staff is hailed as a trifecta of geniuses that came in with a game plan and executed to perfection, punching the falcons in the mouth

honestly reminds me of the panthers/saints game in 08 in the dome when smitty caught that desperation heave that set up the kasay FG for the win. it sucks being on the opposite end of that.

btw the next year they fixed their defense to compliment a potent big play offense and went to the superbowl

+1

And in the real world we are 1-3 and lost the game, leading to the discussion of how incompetent they are.

You give up 31 points in a game, no way can you say anything was executed to perfection.

Archived