• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Those Who Flamed Me...

chknwing

Yeah...let's bench the guy who had a hand in us scoring 21 out of 28 points (arguably the other 7 as well, since he was instrumental in us driving the field and all).

Bench Cam due to 1 fumble? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*points finger at Nakamura*

Will probably flame me again but Cam said exactly what I said in another thread that has seemed to have disappeared or burried and I cant find it. Heres the article stating what he said.

"There's no finger pointing in this game, especially not on this team," Newton said via the Charlotte Observer. "So if you expect me to point somebody out, or do this, if anything you can point the finger at me."

On his last play, a third-and-one where Newton fumbled: "I clearly had the first down, but I have got to hold onto the football. ... I failed."

http://www.nfl.com/n...he-finger-at-me

I really don't know if you are being willfully retarded or not. What kind of fan thinks that they're star qb should be benched after a fumble that he did not even lose to the opposing team.

Let's play devil's advocate here, do you believe that anderson and clausen would be able to play without mistakes? Should the giants bench eli after his interception led to the eagles winning their game? Drew Brees has yet to win a game this season should he be benched too? In your world no qb is allowed to make mistakes or at least maybe you just apply it to cam newton and not to the rest of the qb's in the NFL.

I wish I could come across the screen and slap you in the face and take away your computer.

I really don't know if you are being willfully retarded or not. What kind of fan thinks that they're star qb should be benched after a fumble that he did not even lose to the opposing team.

Let's play devil's advocate here, do you believe that anderson and clausen would be able to play without mistakes? Should the giants bench eli after his interception led to the eagles winning their game? Drew Brees has yet to win a game this season should he be benched too? In your world no qb is allowed to make mistakes or at least maybe you just apply it to cam newton and not to the rest of the qb's in the NFL.

I wish I could come across the screen and slap you in the face and take away your computer.

Nah, it's troll... well it's Poe's law in action.

so what do u do? Rivera has punished other players with fumblitis. What kind fo message would it send to the team if he doesn't apply the same rules to Cam. No one one here will agree with me, but I say start Derick Anderson next game. You have to protect the football in this league. That will deffinately send a clear message to the rest of the team that lack of ball security will not be tolerated. If cam was being sacked etc, that would be different, but when u take off running with the ball, you have to protect it.

Wow.

timestamp='1349118804' post='1929924']

so what do u do? Rivera has punished other players with fumblitis. What kind fo message would it send to the team if he doesn't apply the same rules to Cam. No one one here will agree with me, but I say start Derick Anderson next game. You have to protect the football in this league. That will deffinately send a clear message to the rest of the team that lack of ball security will not be tolerated. If cam was being sacked etc, that would be different, but when u take off running with the ball, you have to protect it.

just so we remember who "that guy" was that suggested benching newton because he fumbled.

I'm not sure why but I suffered through this entire thread.

I'm left with two choices: believe we're being trolled in epic fashion and move on or take you seriously and bash my head into a wall while screaming "what the fug are you thinking?".

I'm going to go with trolling for my own sanity - because noone can possibly believe benching our star QB is a good move.

Archived