• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh God! We couldn't tackle Turner now "Beast Mode".......

Udogg

After re-watching that Atlanta game, is there any hope of tackling Marshawn Lynch? I mean that is probably the worst performance I have ever seen out of Beason at the MLB position(although it looked like he made a lot of good decisions as far a play recognition). Anderson was horrible well. Hell, all of our LB's looked bad tbh. Let's not even beat that dead horse and talk about the Safety position. Is there something that could be done in 6 days to make us at least slow Marshawn down?

tackling was bad, but part of turner's success was related to the ginormous gaping holes the offensive line opened up for him. to stop him the defensive line is going to have to play with exception gap discipline. and for gods sake seal off the edge. i can't count the number of times i've put my remote through the wall when the interior line gets pressure and everyone reads well and then all of a sudden the back is just skipping off tackle en route to a first down.

hardy is notably terrible at this so i expect to see alexander, who is marginally better, and applewhite if healthy (he played the run from that position pretty well last year iirc

this is a winnable game if we can play well offensively and get them throwing.

Yep, everytime you see Keuchly make a play, he's heading right to the sidelines afterwards.

Think about this though, we've played Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan in our first four games - those are QB's who will light you up if you stack the box. For the first time this year, we are going up against a team with a young inexperienced QB and lackluster WR's.

I say bring Godfrey up and let Martin roam the deep territory to help stop the run. Their passing game doesn't scare me at all. We can do this.

Yep, everytime you see Keuchly make a play, he's heading right to the sidelines afterwards.

Think about this though, we've played Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Matt Ryan in our first four games - those are QB's who will light you up if you stack the box. For the first time this year, we are going up against a team with a young inexperienced QB and lackluster WR's.

I say bring Godfrey up and let Martin roam the deep territory to help stop the run. Their passing game doesn't scare me at all. We can do this.

This.

tackling was bad, but part of turner's success was related to the ginormous gaping holes the offensive line opened up for him. to stop him the defensive line is going to have to play with exception gap discipline. and for gods sake seal off the edge. i can't count the number of times i've put my remote through the wall when the interior line gets pressure and everyone reads well and then all of a sudden the back is just skipping off tackle en route to a first down.

hardy is notably terrible at this so i expect to see alexander, who is marginally better, and applewhite if healthy (he played the run from that position pretty well last year iirc

this is a winnable game if we can play well offensively and get them throwing.

those ginormous gaping holes created by an OLine that had 6 and 7 OL on it for most of the game.

JA and Kuechly are going to be very important in this game. Also, if Captain ends up on Tate a lot he better step up.

On the other side of things, this game is going to be a big test for LaFell and Murphy. I wouldn't mind seeing more WR screens, get the speedy guys in there, some i-form runs for f*ck's sake (I'm kidding myself here haha), some power running with Stewart, and getting Olsen involved early and a lot

Archived