• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last horror movie that scared you

FurdTurgason

I don't get scared so much but the last movie that really disturbed me was Chained. Vincent D'Onofrio as a very understated and even subdued serial killer. Very tense, very uncomfortable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1989475/

Ill echo The Strangers as well. Again just a very tense movie.

I don't get freaked out over monsters or the supernatural, "normal" people doing seemingly inhumane things for inexplicable reasons? That poo freaks me out. Im not worried that some alien is going to rip my chest open, I am worried that some nutcase might break into my home and torture my family.

I'll say the first Saw, when I saw it in theaters on Halloween night. The scene where the photographer is looking around his house with only a flash bulb to light the room for a second was actually very scary for me. But that was only in the theater, because in between the flashes, the theater was literally pitch black, so you were right there with him.

But now, I usually go into a horror movie thinking it's a comedy; it pretty much defangs any scary movie. And given the crappy state of horror movies, it makes a terrible movie very watchable.

"Lol. Did you see how far his head flew? Guess he won't be in Paranormal Activity 12."

Todays movies don't scare me. Startle, yes, during the movie, but for a movie to be "really scary" to me is one that freaks me out for a day or two afterwards.

The Exorcist: I'm like Pstall, I have never seen the entire movie because I know that's one that would freak me out.

I've seen The Exorcist. I get why it scares people, but I was actually kinda disappointed.

On a related note, Bravo apparently isn't showing the "100 Scariest Movie Moments" this year. Loved that show. Sucks it's not on. They usually show it every October.

Agreed! Loved that show, and I too am disappointed it isn't being shown this year. But it's fairly easy to find online.

Every single movie that is supposed to be scary scares me...Hell I have a hard time watching the Paranormal Activity commercials!!! I think Jeepers Creepers was the last one I saw on TV and it was the middle of the day and still scared me. Only "scary" movie I have watched in the theater was the Blair Witch and I nearly pissed myself through the whole movie. Seven isn't really a scary moive but I walked out of that one because I was so freaked out.

Fug scary movies....why would I pay money to be scared?

Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 9 years old.

The one movie and scene that made my skin crawl was in Saw 2 where the chick fell into the pit of hypodermic needles. I have goosebumps just thinking about it. Of course needles scare the fug outta me

Archived