• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A lot of you guys sicken me

Lilsmitty09

LOL name calling?? So then hollyw00d and company would get banned to then? No offense, but if someone were to be banned for name calling, this whole board would be dead.

And FYI: I don't believe I even called someone a "name". I just told people to grow up and stated my opinions. Sad thing is, I've been here longer than a lot of the people who called ME names as well.

Ok, bud.

great analogy!!! football is absolutely essential to keeping our infrastructure and society going!

Sports are a microcosm of our society.

Think of how many "feel good" articles will be written about the "resolve", "perseverance", and "heart" if the Chiefs pull out a win tomorrow.

Peter King is licking his chops for this game.

A chance to write a Pulitzer winning article and take numerous shots at his favorite diva Cam Newton????

If a worker at a power company does the same thing should we shut off your power for a day?

Does a game and entertainment mean anything to you?

Shutting down power could actually cost additional lives.

No offense, but your sense of responsibility, morality and reality appears a bit skewed. That's a terrible analogy.

Not to mention, branches and offices of a corporation or company do get shut down for situations such as this. I don't think anyone is asking that the entire NFL be shut down.

Now that this has reached a fever pitch...

OP's sentiment is admirable.

It also happens to be very misguided.

OP, your sentiments are misguided. There are legitimate reasons for wanting the game to go on that do not involve selfishness.

Attack Dogs of the Internet Inc., cut the OP a break, even if he's wrong. His heart's in the right place.

/white knight

After taking very valuable time reading this thread, I came to realize that people (Kinda obviously) lack on CONVERSATIONAL skills. This is a forum, where conversations and discussions are held. Now think about this, if you were talking to Joe-smhoe on the street and he stated an opinion, would you:

A). Scream obsenities

C ). Call Him out on his personal opinions

C). Try and make him feel guilty for his opinions

D). Try and get people to come to your side and get your actions supported by other un-eduacated fools.

If you answered any of those with a yes, then you might want to get reborn and relearn your social skills. Unless you want to remain a 19 year-old, try and put some tact into responses. Try having a bit thicker skin, and try considering others when you post something. I ,for one, have Zero sympathy for the man. He is a Nut-job who's offing himself probably freed up some much needed oxygen for those who deserve it. Now, am I saying that peoples lives arent worth consdiering? No, all lives are valuable. You will understand that when you lose someone close to you. But what he did was wrong, very wrong, and I'm glad he killed himself before someone else did. Probably saved a valuable round. Now, I am done with this little "speech." Just my two cents.

hell yes...play the game.

sad for the family, sad for the organization, but the guy is a murderer and a coward.

even a moment of silence would be a slap in the face here. Remember...he murdered his girlfriend....and then killed himself instead of facing the music.

I think the discussion about whether or not to have the game is legit and people will have different takes.

The classless ones are the ones who indicated she deserved it or showed similar lack of decency for a child that was orphaned or a mother who witnessed her son snap and destroy two lives, etc.

Archived