• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you grabbing a life vest and jumping off the Cam ship, you bettet make sure it's sinking

SCP

I have no problem with legit criticisms. For me, legit criticisms are things like: occasional overthrows on short passes, too often passes up checkdowns, sometimes sits in the pocket too long waiting for recievers to come open when he should take off or throw it away.

Vapid, worthless criticisms include: TD celebrations, first down pose, towel on head, taking ball from a player to give it to fan, smiling before games, frowning after losses, ignoring tools like Peter King and Rick Riley and causing them to get their panties in a wad, "arrogance", and any comparison to Vince Young.

Agreed x 10 + 1000 to the nth degree

My 5 year old likes elf on a shelf, and she also likes Cam Newton and the Panthers... she always asks, why they lose all the time. (Shes a front runner with the ducks), what a paradox. At least she knows David (her elf on the shelf) is going to be in a new spot every day until christmas.

I'm sorry but anyone who uses the term "nut hugger" should automatically be disqualified from discussion.

Will you be equally dismissive of people who use the term 'hater' as well? It's the opposite side of the same coin.

Are there people who irrationally think Newton can do no right? Yep. There are also people who just as irrationally act like he can do no wrong. Can't acknowledge the existence of one and deny the other without setting up a double standard.

As to the topic, I definitely don't think the boat is sinking. I do think there are some leaks that need to be addressed to ensure smooth sailing in the future

I could be wrong, but, yes, Cam had his so-called sophomore slump, but I believe that he is now beginning to put it all together. I believe that he is listening to his coaches, mentors and family and learning how to be a pro level QB and a mature-minded leader. More importantly, he is taking the constructive criticism in stride, stopped pressing, and learning how to have fun again. As for all the destructive criticism, he is like many of us, and will let his success do all the talking for him at the appointed time.

Will you be equally dismissive of people who use the term 'hater' as well? It's the opposite side of the same coin.

Are there people who irrationally think Newton can do no right? Yep. There are also people who just as irrationally act like he can do no wrong. Can't acknowledge the existence of one and deny the other without setting up a double standard.

As to the topic, I definitely don't think the boat is sinking. I do think there are some leaks that need to be addressed to ensure smooth sailing in the future

I don't recall ever referring to anyone who critiques him as a hater. Both sound pretty childish. If I'm going to attempt to insult and degrade someones opinion I would atleast come up with something better than that.

Just because someone doesn't moan and groan over trivial details about him that doesn't mean they are somehow biased.

I don't recall ever referring to anyone who critiques him as a hater. Both sound pretty childish. If I'm going to attempt to insult and degrade someones opinion I would atleast come up with something better than that.

Just because someone doesn't choose to moan and groan over trivial details about him that we are somehow biased.

May not be you, but the term gets thrown around plenty, and generally for stupid reasons.

There are trivial issues people have with Newton for sure. The prior post by Mango55 summarized those pretty well. Some other things- footwork, accuracy and leadership for example - aren't so trivial.

If those things get addressed, I'll be happy.

May not be you, but the term gets thrown around plenty, and generally for stupid reasons.

There are trivial issues people have with Newton for sure. The prior post by Mango55 summarized those pretty well. Some other things- footwork, accuracy and leadership for example - aren't so trivial.

If those things get addressed, I'll be happy.

Footwork, accuracy, leadership. Absolutely. All of those things can be worked on and will come with time.

We need the right head coach to pair with Cam. It seems to me Ron Rivera offers little to no guidance or stern example for him to lead with. I really think a Harbaugh type with that kind of personality and influence around Cam would do wonders for him and push him to his potential which we know he is capable of.

Trying to think of a QB that people didn't gripe about trivial issues.... Can't think of any.

Jimmy and his girly twitter posts for example.

cam is the most polarizing player the panthers have ever had, and that includes delhomme. other players have been scrutinized, yes, but not to this degree.

Criticism that is fair does not bother me.

It is the people who are anxiously watching the TV every week, waiting on every errant throw, hoping, wishing, praying, that he fails. All so they can come to the Huddle and say "SEEEZ I TOLDZ YOUZ!! HE IS DE WERST!!!!!"

And criticism is fine, Zod knows there are things he has to get better at, but I think it is at times unfair to be overly critical of a guy that is still trying to figure things out and is only in his second year and, oh yeah, is playing pretty fugging good overall.

And I also find it unfair to act as if a guy who is on pace to have around 60 total TDs in his first two years in the NFL is somehow the main issue on this team.

Fair criticism is of course fair. But hoping your QB to fail for self gratification or because he does a Superman pose after TDs is stupid and small minded..

And then because these same people are so anxious for him to fail, when he doesn't they literally create ways in which he did.

Vapid, worthless criticisms include: TD celebrations, first down pose, towel on head, taking ball from a player to give it to fan, smiling before games, frowning after losses, ignoring tools like Peter King and Rick Riley and causing them to get their panties in a wad, "arrogance", and any comparison to Vince Young.

I have posted several times about the celebrations, poses, etc.

But they are not criticisms of the actual act.....as I could care less how players celebrate on the field. My comments were more about the fact that Cam is getting a ton of heat in the media for many of these "perceived issues"....most of which is unfair. I made the statement that stopping them may be a good answer because it removes the fuel for the media fire.

That is all.

Archived