• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top to Bottom

I agree we can jump the gun on making predictions. But last year we really could hav went 13-3, at least 12-4. 7 of 9 games we lost by just 6.....or less. Plus we started off diff (with the read option) than we did the year before. It wasnt totally inconceivable that we could win 12 games last year. This year is less likely. However, I'm hoping for 10-6 or better. But thinking we would be lucky to get 10 wins. But it IS possible.

I agree we can jump the gun on making predictions. But last year we really could hav went 13-3, at least 12-4. 7 of 9 games we lost by just 6.....or less. Plus we started off diff (with the read option) than we did the year before. It wasnt totally inconceivable that we could win 12 games last year. This year is less likely. However, I'm hoping for 10-6 or better. But thinking we would be lucky to get 10 wins. But it IS possible.

We could have won them but we didn't. Stupid coaching decisions and a lack of 2nd half adjustments are much to blame IMO. Every team in the NFL can point to a loss and say we could have won if we did such and such. The well coached teams win those games, the out-coached teams lose those games.

Situation dire: Secondary, ST (until they finally prove otherwise)

Situation not good at all: Right side of O line, kicking team, WR's not named Smith

DT is still a concern till the rookies make a difference, which doesn't usually happen.

this is more objective than the OP.

We could have won them but we didn't. Stupid coaching decisions and a lack of 2nd half adjustments are much to blame IMO. Every team in the NFL can point to a loss and say we could have won if we did such and such. The well coached teams win those games, the out-coached teams lose those games.

I kno we didnt. I think 13-3 was a bit much for a prediction, but it wasn't impossible. That's all I'm saying. It just seemed like he was saying we put ridiculous predictions up because we were biased. But 12-13 wins won't out of the realm of possibility.

True but that comes with experience and little bit of luck........to my knowledge there where no other teams in close situation like panthers in majority of the game...maybe couple but not the amount of games panther where in.

We do have a damn good oline. When healthy.

We have improved our receivers.

But we didn't sign an elite FA, and didn't waste a draft pick on a receiver this last draft. So those knucklehead receiver guys will piss and moan.

They do it every year.

We have a young and talented secondary, but until the nay sayers get proven wrong, they will not say anything different.

It's alright. It's their opinions.

They'd rather be negative until proven otherwise.

We also simplified the play calling, which should automatically bring better game management.

Yea that should definitely help .......and from the interview  from the players it feels like they are excited  about Shula and feels like the team is complete on both side of the ball.   

We'll see..  Like the majority of things I post about.  They are accurate.  

Too many of you guys look at individuals instead of the whole team. 

For instance...  Our receivers suck yet we had nearly 4000 yds passing.  Our numbers were evenly distributed as any team in the league as far as WR yards compared to total QB yardage.

Secondary Sucks yet we finished top 10 defensively and above average 13th out of 32 against the pass.

Offensive line sucks... 12 overall in Offense and 9th in the league in Rushing and probably would have been much higher had we started out the season with a NFL Offense instead of a gimmick read option Bull poo that Chudz had us running.

And any of you that  think the we didn't make some serious improvements on the Defensive line just are plain ignorant. 

Whether Hangartner played Center or Guard he still had an inexperience guard/center next to him the he was having to compensate for.  But he sucked.  That is why we retained him cause he sucked so bad.  Right?

Call them Panther glasses all you want but my opinion will more spot on then the negative B.S that you bandwagon bashers.

That's right. Bandwagon bashers.  Half of you have no opinion only jump on the bandwagon of a long time poster..  oooohhh maybe they'll throw you some PIE if you agree with... WTF ever.  

I don't really give a crap whether you like what I had to say or not...    Like I said... When all is said and done...  Barring major injury my opinion will hit closer to the mark then those that disagree.

This, in a nutshell, is what it's all about right? You want to be heard, so you call it objectivity though it clearly isn't and if anyone has the audasity to disagree with you then phuck them...right?

I like the long time poster jab too, that really brought home your point.

I love how everyone is so sure that since we "shoulda-coulda" won 12-13 games last year that we're going to 1) be that close in as many games this year and 2) finally figure out how to close them.  You can call me negative all day if that's the way you see it (I'm definitely not), but until we SHOW we can win those games I'm not going assume we're automatic to make the playoffs.  You can....and have fun eating cotton candy and making balloon figures into the shape of the Lombardi Trophy while you're at that amusement park.  

the fact is- in the past 5 or so seasons it has taken our oline 5 or 6 games before they start playing up to their ability.  our offense has leaned on the pass game to get us through the slow start, even in 08 and 09.  we have a good line, maybe top 10 in the league top 15 more like it.  Our defense front 7 SHOULD be nice, but there seems to always be surprises(hopefully the secondary).  Olsen is a great #2 option behind Smith and we can only assume Cam will continue to get better.  I do have high expectations this year, pretty much like every year, 2010 excluded.

This team has the talent to make the playoffs - on paper. Much will depend on the growth of Cam Newton and Rivera. However, many of those close losses from last season can be attributed to youth - either first/second year starters or rookies. ATL1, CHI, SEA, and TB2 were glaring examples of mistakes at key moments by Naka, Norman, Cam and Luke. Though many of the early losses can be attributed to bad oline play due to youth. If the young guys continue to develop based on the end of last year, this team will be fine. If the vets brought in from FA can be effective leaders, play smart and make those key plays needed to close out games, the team will be really good.

We do have a damn good oline. When healthy.

We have improved our receivers.

But we didn't sign an elite FA, and didn't waste a draft pick on a receiver this last draft. So those knucklehead receiver guys will piss and moan.

They do it every year.

We have a young and talented secondary, but until the nay sayers get proven wrong, they will not say anything different.

It's alright. It's their opinions.

They'd rather be negative until proven otherwise.

people don't have faith in this team because they haven't given much reason for it. they are a losing team until proven otherwise. they have earned every bit of negativity coming their way.

Archived