• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TC camp Question.

koolkatluke

A rookie fumbled? Shock.

He's still far better than AE and is so at a much earlier point in his career.

I don't really think the two are comparable.

If you can't trust him, he won't play. If he won't play, he won't make the roster. Adams has to have a fantastic TC to even have a shot at making the team. He was a 4th rounder. If he doesn't make the team, we don't lose much.

A rookie fumbled? Shock.

You can't say Adams is FAR better than AE is - neither one of them is any good.  You can't be considered "far" better and have your playing time yanked from you because you're crapping on yourself every time you have an opportunity to make a play. 

A rookie fumbled? Shock.

Far better in what way?  Neither of them should make the team.

I can't get on board with the Armanti hating. He won us 1, maybe 2 games last year. He is also the best punt and kick returner on the team not named Ginn. Is he worth what we gave up for him? nah. A roster spot? Probably

also the 2nd or 3rd best qb on the team

I don't dispute any of that, but you expect issues with rookies and his average on returns last season was nearly identical to that of Ginn's.

You can easily work on securing the football, what you can't do is teach someone not to play timid like AE does, someone we've already invested 3 yrs in.

I think Adams has a higher ceiling and is the better player right now. I don't have anything against AE, I just don't think he's better than several of our other options.

If you can't trust him, he won't play. If he won't play, he won't make the roster. Adams has to have a fantastic TC to even have a shot at making the team. He was a 4th rounder. If he doesn't make the team, we don't lose much.

This is a joke right?

Adams is so far ahead of AE as a return guy it's ridiculous.

Here's to hoping my sarcasm meter is running a little slow today.

Nah I was being real. Armanti hangs onto the ball, makes good lane choices and gets yardage when it is available. Adams can't catch the ball or hold on when he gets hit and it likely makes him the worst player on our team period....that's no joke. 

When Jimmy Clausen was playing, I used to cringe every time he dropped back to pass. That's the exact same feeling i get when seeing Joe Adams in the game. The only thing "ridiculous" about comparing AE to Joe Adams is assuming Adams is better. I seriously doubt Adams will make the roster or have a future in the NFL. I hope the same is said about JC in the end.

Archived