• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who has the bigger year, Johnson or Hardy?

Cyberjag

the kraken is incredibly talented but johnson is a more complete player. he's better against the run, which gives him the edge. that said, take away his 5-sack performance against the falcons in week 4 last year and he looks significantly less consistent and loses in the sack race to the kraken.

either way this sort of competition is the kind of thing you love to see on a football team. these guys are fuging hungry and it's awesome.

CJ, Greg is a very good player, but CJ is great. CJ has been earning his money and is just overall better. Greg will be said more on here because he's flashier and get's more hype, but big money speaks softly and carries a big stick.

Glad we have both.

It's anybody's game. Who knows? If the middle of the line gets a strong push and pilfers some sacks away from the outside guys both of their numbers could see a slight decline. CJ finds match ups he can exploit and once he does he can put up huge single game stats. The Kraken is a lunatic and will rush the passer like his head is on fire and his ass is catching. Krakens relentless nature could result in him having the better season.

So The Kraken is my choice.

(And I bought a custom "Da Kraken" jersey.)

Kraken put the league on notice last year, this time he's going to own it.  I'm expecting a monster year out of him.

Having Short for passing downs will allow him to stay outside and he's leaned out to an ideal edge rusher's weight.  I also heard this offseason he took down 2 cargo ships, 6 cruise liners and an aircraft carrier.

Dudes gonna be just as strong, quicker, in better condition and crazier.

The fact that the conversation is about who will have more sacks, instead of who on the D line is going to help out CJ speaks for itself. Just a few years ago we were all talking about Everette Brown, Terrell McClain, and freaking Sione Fua.

I say they both finish with around 15 sacks.

between CJ and hardy....flip a coin.

there's no telling.

i think hardy will be commanding attention his way (albeit thanks to the beefed up interior, that won't be much) and he'll still be shifting inside more than CJ so i think that CJ will be in better position to get more sacks, but it wouldn't be much. i really don't think there's going to be much seperation between the two again this year.

one thing, tho...i think they both go over 15 sacks this year.

Archived