• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I got punched in the face today

Captroop

the correct reponse would have been to

1 - Immediately rip your shirt off

2 - Peacock around the field a little

3 - Yell, "Come at me, bro"

4 - Unleash hell

or maybe what you did.  One of the two.

You should have smashed him......anyone that puts their paws on you or attempts to should be given exactly what they are looking for.......He would have gotten a front kick to the chest followed by a short elbow to his carotid and if I had been particularly violent he might have gotten a couple of hammer fists to the back of the neck...just sayin...don't put your paws on somebody unless you can handle what comes next

I play flag football Sunday mornings with a group on Meetup. Well today, while playing on line, one of the guys I was blocking got his panties in a wad because he thought I was blocking high on him. Well after one play, after he releases he punches me square in the mouth busting my upper and lower lip.

To be honest, I was totally caught off guard. It's been longer than I can remember that someone actually took a swing at me. Then he says, "How does that feel?" (obviously a reference to me blocking high on him. But I'm at least 5 inches taller than him, and he's doing spin moves and everything. I can't help it if when I try to get my hands back on his chest after he spins or swim moves on me, I might bump his head a little. And I was blocking 3 different guys that day, and he was the only guy that complained.) So then he squares up and puts up his fists like he wants to fight.

I just stare at him and say, "Seriously?" In a way that was more satisfying than actually fighting him. I think I crushed his ego. He delivered a haymaker cheap shot straight to my face, and I didn't even budge or wince. I just went back and lined up for the next play.

(You might ask if I drove him into the ground, or popped him on a later play. But after that, the guy stopped playing on D Line so I really didn't get the chance)

Now I honestly I want to know your guys' opinions. Would you have fought him? Does the code of masculinity ordain that when you take a shot you have to engage in fisticuffs? I didn't because honestly I think getting in a fistfight over a game of flag football is one of the most pathetic demonstrations of masculinity I can imagine. It's right up there with a fight over a TV on a black friday doorbuster sale. But then again, in the words of a southern gentleman, he offended my honor and I want satisfaction.

So what would you do in my shoes?

Follow up question, what would you do next week at the game? Throw his ass to the ground, stomp on his foot "accidentally" or just start with a clean slate and chalk it up to the heat an exhastion getting to him this week.

While I think you did the right I'm not sure I would have done the same thing. Your body is your body and no one in this world has the right to harm it. I tend to have temper issues. I probably would have hit him back or looked for an excuse to blow him up on the field.

Don't stress about it. He probably feels like a complete moron and if he isn't ashamed then he's a POS and definitely wasn't worth it in the first place. I would tell your friends though and make sure he stops being baby each time you play with him.

Honestly if you see him next week. Tell him " You hit me again and I'm going to pummel and embarrass the sht out of you in front of your son and all your friends.".

Seriously if he touches you again you need to straight Bane his ass.

Archived