• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod

"Scared of under throwing me."  Hmmm, sounds like he's making excuses for not being able to run routes.  That's alright.  Gotta start somewhere.  I'm definitely not going to bash a 40+ yard TD strike.  And he has blown his competition away, and is even encroaching on Lafell's #2 spot.  The more Ginn develops and as the season and rapport between Cam and himself grows, the better our receiving corps will get.  The AE days are coming to an end, and I doubt Hixon does anything here at all.  We might try to ship the both off before the deadline THIS year.

"Scared of under throwing me." Hmmm, sounds like he's making excuses for not being able to run routes. That's alright. Gotta start somewhere. I'm definitely not going to bash a 40+ yard TD strike. And he has blown his competition away, and is even encroaching on Lafell's #2 spot. The more Ginn develops and as the season and rapport between Cam and himself grows, the better our receiving corps will get. The AE days are coming to an end, and I doubt Hixon does anything here at all. We might try to ship the both off before the deadline THIS year.

Trade away or cut cheap depth. . .why exactly?

I won't say it's a fluke, because dude is fast, but 7 catches over 3 games isn't all that much to get excited about. The fact that we haven't been moving the chains effectively enough with Steve, Brandon, and Greg is a problem. Ginn is good for a surprise deep route every game, and to his credit Cam has been delivering the ball on time for the most part, but if he gets too predictable on those routes we lose that weapon too because Ginn simply can't make tough catches in traffic or over dudes. Better teams aren't going to let Ginn do this all season especially with our other guys underperforming and dropping catchable passes.

Remember that time Armanti Edwards was supposed to break out this season too? Damn.

Ginn runs about 60% of the route tree, all vertical routes and the comebacks for the most part.  He simply was not a good fit with Smith and Moore/Henne before that--the system was part of it, the QB's arm strength was the other.  Ginn should never be a #2 because he does not run all of the routes.  However, he is awesome as the third or fourth WR.