• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we have any interest in Nicks...

CatMan72

Nicks if fairly young, so is Gordon. Talent wise I rather have Gordon. Nicks has been injured in the past so that kind of worries me a bit. Giving up a 2nd rounder on Gordon right now sounds enticing. Mainly because we know what Gordon is capable of. The second round pick in next years draft could be a question mark, actually all draft picks are question marks. But with Gordon you know what you are getting. The only hesitation is the price. Would much rather give them a 3rd round pick.

All the fun of following a competitive team is gone this season. The "hey let's sign this guy" ideas are pointless. Our new HC will make moves, but this years team is dead.

A typical Carolina Panthers football season ends the first weekend of October. All of August for hype and maybes, then a month of flop.

Agreed with others; I'd rather have Gordon.

Dynamic deep threat to stretch the field, bigger than Nicks, making around a million dollars each of the next couple of years.

Nicks, more of a possession/red zone guy who will probably seek what, at least 6-7 million if not more? With his injury history? No thanks. 

Although its a hugely popular fan choice, I highly doubt we sign Hakeem. He has a history of injuries and big name wide receiver free agent signings usually don't work out. Furthermore, it doesn't fit DG's philosophy. I'd bet that money goes towards the Kraken

DG is 4 games into his first year as a GM, how do we know what his philosophy is?

DG is 4 games into his first year as a GM, how do we know what his philosophy is?

because every interview he has given he's said the same thing: build from the inside out, build strong lines.

he's modeling after the Giants, where he was part of 2 superbowl winning teams 

Stop going for high priced free agents....keep developing our practice squad and draft gems in later rounds.....our secondary could finally be decent maybe if our OF can keep them off the field 75% of the game....and take advantage of their big turnovers...

Archived